Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you decide what to make next? >

How do you decide what to make next?

How do you decide what to make next?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Gee, I have decided I am a mood quilter! I am walking thru the sewing room and next thing I know I get sidetracked and I start and or finished a project! Really, I can't be the only one that does this, surely????

I rarely ever plan much as far as quilting! :D
Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 AM

I work on the item needed next for gifting. New baby in the family - working on a bow tie crib quilt with the baby's name apliqued in the sashing. Next will probably be the DIL's Halloween quilt - saw my daughter's and insisted she needed one too. Will be her birthday present in September. Tend to pick my projects by looking at the calendar - when is a gift needed next?
Old 07-05-2011, 04:41 AM

Well, this weekend I went to the store to buy supplies to quilt my current project, then the sale on fat quarters caught my eye-- I was just going to buy five... well, maybe ten... ok, fine, I ended up with 13! Turned out, they all worked great together and gave me an idea for a quilt- so I picked out an awesome white-on-white to put it all together with! I'm so excited to get going on it! (In my quest to make a quilt for each of my kids, I'm 4 1/2 quilts behind, so I'm sure it will go to one of them. : )

Also, I have a UFO that, frankly, I hate, but it was made for my daughter and she really loves it, so I guess I should finish that next, so she can finally have it...
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 PM

pick from the VERY long list of `things to do`.I seem to always to make things for others rather than myself .I really wont to make the SPICY TABLE runner ,have had the fabrics laid ot .One more quilt to finish for a friend then its MY turn .
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM

How I decide? Things I see in my neighborhood, while traveling, things that inspire me, it can be a quilt in a book, or a beautiful piece of fabric that just tells me what to do with it. It can be a color that I fall in love with that gives me an idea....
And whatever speaks to me the most, that's what I get started on. I have a few projects running ( and recently keep that limited) to keep me in different stages of quilting.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:36 PM

I usually work on whatever I feel like doing, unless of course I need to make a baby quilt, graduation, wedding , Birthday or whatever. Just found out one of my friends of many years (almost 45 years) just graduated from nursing school. So, I'm thinking maybe some funky face with nurse cap on, with maybe her name and day she graduated and the saying "Nurses call all the shots" on it. Should be fun and then mail it to her and surprise her. LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by blueangel
Just whatever comes to mind.
I have a quilt to finish and another music note quilt with an appliqued singer in silhouette which I want to do before the end of August for out quilt show that is if I get them done.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Right now I'm stairing at my stack of ufos' and mentally putting them in order for finishing. I just put one on my
d-wall.

Another scrappy. It is an experiment in using the same small block to make a big block. The Name is Big Block, Little Block, by Janine Holzman and Irene Berry, from an old QNM mag.

You can do this technique with almost any block, if you grid it out.
peace :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223198.jpe  
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

peace :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223199.jpe  
Old 07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

oops! wondered why it took so long to load. Sorry.
peace :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223201.jpe