Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you define  CREATIVE? >

How do you define CREATIVE?

How do you define CREATIVE?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:23 PM

In case your Dh is like mine.
Per Webster the Definition of CREATIVE
1: marked by the ability or power to create : given to creating <the creative impulse>
2: having the quality of something created rather than imitated : imaginative <the creative arts>
3: managed so as to get around legal or conventional limits <creative financing>; also : deceptively arranged so as to conceal or defraud <creative accounting>
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM

1: marked by the ability or power to create : given to creating <the creative impulse>
2: having the quality of something created rather than imitated : imaginative <the creative arts>
3: managed so as to get around legal or conventional limits <creative financing>; also : deceptively arranged so as to conceal or defraud <creative accounting>
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM

Old 04-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Well, as my ex-DH used to say "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him cross the road." <-- Yes, he did say that and my daughter and I broke into hysterics when he left the room.
That saying is on several lists of screwy sayings...so your XH wasn't being particularly creative himself. :lol: It's like "don't count your chickens while the ducks are on the pond" and "a bird in the hand is better than a bear in the bush".

Creativity is the ability to produce something new through the use of imagination or original ideas.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 PM

I think being creative is doing your own thing! The world would be a boring place if no one ever took the initiative to try something different.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Last time I looked up the word 'CREATIVE', there was a mirror for each one of us to look in, and when I looked it was ME. When you looked, it was YOU.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the affirmations and smiles. :) My DH is actually very creative (by yours and my definition) in his work, hobbies, outdoors, traveling, building, writing, painting, etc. He just dosen't think I am. I told him of your thoughts and he finally conceeded, just a tiny bit, that I might be somewhat resourceful. He said that because I am wrong (again) that I don't go buy all the items needed to make something but rather use and adapt what I have. He spends whatever it takes, I try not to spend anything. As long as I know my opinion counts with you all I'm content. We are all very creative! :) Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laura3
Originally Posted by Julianna
My DH says I am not the least bit creative because every time I sew, quilt, bake, garden, paint, write, etc. I do my own thing instead of following a set pattern, or rule, or recipe, or guide of some type. He says creative means doing EXACTLY what the plan says and not changing it one tiny bit. I say if I want it the way someone else does I will do their way, if I want it my way I will do mine.

What are your thoughts on being CREATIVE?
I just looked up Creative in the dictionary and your picture was there......And you looked really good!!
Thanks, its the hair dye and clean living :roll:
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Ummm, excuse me, I think he has it backwards!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
donttell your husband but I think he has it ass backwards... lol
LOL YUP what Carrie Jo said only I say tell him. He can't go around all his life being so dead wrong! You would be doing him a complete disservice by not letting him know he has it ass backwards. Any chance he was just pulling your leg on that one??
I believe the correct terminology here is "bass ackwards". Besides that I am not a sheep nor a lemming. Fred says, "lets jump!" Will your DH follow Fred's suggestion, or figure out an alternative route?
He would never, ever follow. He would always do his own route.