Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby?? >

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM

I was in Texas a week ago, and sister in law took me to my first hobby lobby. I bought a yard and a half of material for one of my dolls I make for kids with cancer and it was great material to work with. Sister in law even had a coupan for me for 40% off. Saved me and served a good cause. I'd go again if I had one nearby. I have to drive a hundred miles to even find a Joann or Michael's shop from our small town. Hugs to all.

You have to go and feel the fabric. They have some very nice fabric and some very thin cheap looking fabric. The department at my Hobby Lobby is not very big but it looks like it is expanding. Their prices are lower than at my LQS

It's pretty good for having a extra place to check out material
Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Old hen
Yes, HL offers a 30% off fabrics, (daily price), but that keeps you from using their 40-50% off coupons, because it's a sale item. Selection in our local store is good, but not if you're trying to do a quilt with any particular line of fabric. Ours has lots of seasonal prints which I find to be of pretty good quality. Same as any other place, some good fabric, some not so much!
Our Hobby Lobbys here in Oklahoma City let us use the 40% off coupons for quilting fabric even though this fabric is always 30% off regular price. Just ask the clerk or at check out. I like the quality of their fabric. Sometimes you find the name brands there. I wonder if maybe they get last years fabrics instead of the latest. That could be why they have better prices. I don't have to get the newest fabrics. Quilting is expensive enough, as it is.
mloquilts
Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 AM

I was in Texas a week ago, and sister in law took me to my first hobby lobby. I bought a yard and a half of material for one of my dolls I make for kids with cancer and it was great material to work with. Sister in law even had a coupan for me for 40% off. Saved me and served a good cause. I'd go again if I had one nearby. I have to drive a hundred miles to even find a Joann or Michael's shop from our small town. Hugs to all.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM

I have bought a little fabric at HL...there are definitely some nice fabrics at ours but there are thin ones too!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM

I've never had a problem with Hobby Lobby fabric.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM

I've been pleased with Hobby Lobby's fabrics. Also, if you'll go online and sign up for their e-mail, you'll get a Sale Page 1 x week and, usually, discount coupons.Like most chains, some are better than others. But, all carry nice assortments of solids. Enjoy!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by Teach
Ah-ha! I always learn something new from this board. I wondered where some of you had seen or gotten the 40% coupons, and then read about going to their website. Duh!
we live 70 miles from a Hobby Lobby, and it's in an out-of- the-way place, so I often don't get the opportunity to stop and shop. Time to revise my shopping plans when we get there.
Take hubby and three kids each with a 40% off coupon. tee hee!
Good Idea, but I'd only be able to take my hubby. No kids here. Mine are all grown up. He had none. I married a bachelor farmer....I had a lot of training to do! LOL.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM

I've gotten some very nice fabric at Hobby Lobby.