Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby?? >

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

Old 06-21-2011, 04:37 AM

They have some really nice fabric but also some thin stuff so pay attention. Usually the higher priced fabric there is the better fabric and you can tell right away by feeling it and holding it up to the light. As others mentioned it"s on sale a lot for 30% off and about every 2 weeks there's a 40% off coupon you can get from their website that you can use on one item. I often by many yards of Warm and White batting using that coupon. The other thing I like is that they have many fabric collections so you can find enough fabric to make a whole quilt out of color coordinated fabrics. Our Hancocks has had an awful selection recently.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:40 AM

I have had good luck with the cotton fabric I buy at Hobby Lobby, and consider it of better quality than most of JoAnn's quilting cottons. Some of the LQS fabrics will be of better quality, but over all, Hobby Lobby fabrics stand up pretty well in comparison, especially price wise. Hobby Lobby also has open stock on a lot of their fabrics, so if they are out of a fabric you need, you may find it back in stock in a few weeks.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by jean1941
Have liked all fabric that I got at Hobby Lobby and I like the part where they are closed on Sunday
:thumbup:
Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 AM

Yes, HL offers a 30% off fabrics, (daily price), but that keeps you from using their 40-50% off coupons, because it's a sale item. Selection in our local store is good, but not if you're trying to do a quilt with any particular line of fabric. Ours has lots of seasonal prints which I find to be of pretty good quality. Same as any other place, some good fabric, some not so much!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:53 AM

I like the fabric at Hobby Lobby...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:54 AM

I love Hobby Lobby!--You can go to their website and almost always find a 40% off coupon and they will let you use it on sale fabric-they give you 40% off of the original price, most of their cottons are 30% all of the time
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 AM

The fabric here in Texas at Hobby Loby is really good, they have a large selection and to me would rate top notch right under my LQS. Has anyone ever heard of a Marti Michelle Club. My quilt shop is starting one next Sunday afternoon and I signed up for it. It is $30.00 for 6 months and each month you get a project free. I am anxious to do it. Hopefully it will inspire me and bring me out of my slump.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 AM

if you join hobbylobby.com, they'll email you specials each week and at least every 2 weeks -there's a 40% off coupon,(you can print at home) i love their retro fabrics ,ours only carry good quality fabrics and thread. if fabrics is 30% off ,they'll change it to regular price so you can use your 40 % off- every little bit of savings help.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I've always had good luck w/ fabric from Hobby Lobby but do feel it and make sure it's good quality. They do not have a hugh selection (at least the one here doesn't). The cottons are most always $6.99 per yard then on sale for 30% off that. They are not open on Sundays though.
I was at the Hobby Lobby in my area (35 miles away) and asked the clerk when the 30% off ended. She said she has worked there for 5 years and the sale have never gone off.
That's the kind of sale I like. I'm not crazy about being closed on Sunday but I like the philosophy behind it. Just have to plan the shopping for Saturdays.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 AM

If I had one closer, I'd apply for a job there so I could live in that store! I've found beautiful, good quality fabric there. I love all the other things they sell. And a deeply appreciate their respect of their employees by giving them Sunday off for worship and family time.