Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to find fabric online? >

How to find fabric online?

How to find fabric online?

Old 03-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Or you can post all the information on the fabric here, and there are some amazingly talented people who will help you search!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:27 PM

I've found fabrics that I needed by a general search like Peggi suggests. I had info from the selvages on the fabrics and was able to find the extra that I needed from a couple online shops. Worked out great.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Manufacturer's websites are to show the fabrics, not sell them directly. If they did, they would be competing with their wholesale customers.

As was suggested, find what you like on their site and Google it for places that sell it. If it's older, Ebay and Etsy are good places to find it.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Manufacturer's websites are to show the fabrics, not sell them directly.
However, they DO have valuable information about the fabric, such as skus, and when I go online looking for a particular fabric I can't find locally, the manufacturer's website is usually the first place I go so I have this info.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:20 AM

If you can't get to a fabric store easily, but don't have a particular fabric in mind, google search the color or print you want as "_____ quilting fabric" and go from there.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:53 AM

As suggested by others, my first step would be a sku number, manufacturer, line and/or designer search. However, you can also save the image thumbnail from the manufactures site and "google" the actual image. I have found out of date fabric that way several times.

The other option is to call a huge online store (like Keepsake or Hancocks) and ask if they carry it. Good luck!!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 AM

check out quiltshops.com

They are linked to hundreds of shops around the country. If you do the advance search with name of manufacturer, any additional info like collection name you will get many links to shops. Great source when you run out of something and can't find the additional yardage needed at your local shop as well.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:26 AM

My friend and I bought some Hoffman batik fabric about 2 years ago and we waited until now to make the quilts. She decided to make hers bigger than the pattern called for and could not find any more of the fabric. I asked at my LQS and the clerk told us to search batiks etcertera and bingo there it was and plenty for her to order...
Old 03-16-2017, 05:44 AM

Through Etsy I found some fabric and was hooked up with a shop in TX. PM me if u want the address. I was so impressed. The package came quickly and was beautifully packaged. Even gave me a small refund since the shipping wasn't as much as estimated. The fabric is great with price averaging $8 a yard.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 AM

Marshall's dry goods is one I use a lot, good fabric and good prices.