Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How long >

How long

How long

Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gal
I am a beginner here but my QS quilt took most of the afternoon to cut out, as I fussy cut the flowers for the nine patch, an afternoon to sew all together, a morning to sandwich and that was hand basting with a friend to help. It took just a little over four weeks to hand quilt and that was keeping at it most evenings. I know there are so may variables but once I got into it I just wanted to keep going untill it was all done!
I agree with DebraK, there is nothing like experience, just go for it!!!!!! We were all beginners at one time!

Gal
How true, we were all beginners at one time. Good for you for just charging ahead! The worst you can do when beginning is break a needle (they make new ones!), sew your finger (keep your hands away from the moving parts!), or have to un-sew (rip it out and restitch - which becomes second nature!).
GO For It! Sewing is "sew" rewarding!!!

:-D :-D
Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 AM

and you might want to start with a small project like placemats so that you will have the satisfaction of a finished project soon! This is a fun hobby (addiction) once you get started...the jumping off point is "getting started!)
Have fun....pull out your manual and start at the beginning, threading and bobbin loading, then start with a straight stitch and a simple block...a 4 patch or a 9 patch.....if you make small mats, they can be donated to your local animal shelter so don't worry too much,just go have FUN!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I have a CS6000i MemaThomas sent it to me... I was very surprised... I haven't used a machine since I was 13. so it's been awhile.
How cool is that! Janome, right?

This is not the same machine as days gone by. Much easier to use.
It's a brother.
When buying extra bobbins, be sure that they are for your brother machine, as they no not mix with other vendors....
Old 07-02-2010, 05:42 AM

I know! I actually went to the brother web site to find out where I can buy the bobbins for my machine. Especially since my cats made off with most of them... well the ones that came with the brother sans 2 of them... so I have to go buy more.