Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many come to this board when they are at work? >

How many come to this board when they are at work?

How many come to this board when they are at work?

Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 PM

I agree, if you were the business owner, would you want employees playing with the computer on company time? Isn't that like stealing? Time is money. Where are the oldfashioned good honest hard working people? Your at work eight hours and the rest of the day is yours to do what you want.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM

I don't have computer access at work - but I am too busy doing what I need to and wouldn't have the time anyway.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 PM

I will check it at lunch time but it is from my iPhone.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

I can't work :-( God bless. Penny
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

once in awhile i take the laptop to work with me and 'play' i have lots of 'down-time' that i usually spend sewing but sometimes i really and truly just need a break from sewing and will spend half the night on here...not very often though..the boss is fine with it, the biggest thing is staying awake all night while the client sleeps, so, quiet activity is necessary....lucky me...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:18 PM

I'm another one that connects while I'm at work..since I'm my own boss it's ok...I am a longarm quilter so I can my hours and breaks..LOL
Anna
Old 04-29-2010, 06:35 PM

I don't feel comfortable using my work time for personal stuff, my husband and I both have the kind of job where it is pretty important to keep at task, he is a lab tech and I am a nurse, so we don't even make phone calls unless it is important. I am sure my patients appreciate the fact I don't do other stuff at work. I never run out of work to do and I guess I have a work ethic that keeps me working when I am there.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:54 PM

It all depends on the work load. Some days I don't even get to check my (business) e-mail. Other days I'm looking for something to do for a few minutes to regain my sanity after peering over price lists and inventory sheets till I'm crosseyed.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by hokieappmom
I know a lot of places that do monitor emails and internet surfing, but luckily our company is very liberal. But we only have 6 in the office. My daughter works for a very strict company and does not even have internet. She can only have water at her desk and it has to be in a cup with a tight fitting lid. I can't even meet her for lunch there and sit outside. No one is allowed on the grounds unless it is strictly business.
Actually that does not seem unreasonable. I was a first grade teacher and there was little to no personal time at all. Once the children were on campus, we had to be "on our toes" whether we were on duty or not.

I agree with the person who spoke of the work ethic.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:35 AM

Thank you! Surprised at all the people that are still out there that honestly do not take advanage of their employers. My Father always said, if one person takes one pen or paper clip every day, thats 365, now multiply that by two, three or more people. God Bless you for your integrity.