Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Do You Make? >

How Many Do You Make?

How Many Do You Make?

Old 12-16-2017, 10:05 AM

I just scrolled thru all the pictures on my phone and counted. I’ve made 10 this year and have three to finish.

Dh dh has made 7 and as one more to finish. He would also like you to know he’s quilted about 4 for other people and at least 5 of mine. Lol
Old 12-18-2017, 02:57 PM

I completed 4 king size, 3-4 queen size, 2-3 throws and 4 w/h or table runners. Several of these were UFO’s. I hope to complete 12-14 projects next year. 1/2 I quilted and the larger quilts were set out to be quilted. I quilt 2-3 times a week.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:49 PM

This year, I only completed two of my own (wall hanging and large lap-sized).
But (1) I work full time with a 1-hour commute each way, (2)have a small farm (30 acres -5 horses), (3) we had a large veggie garden this year so did a lot of canning and (4) I did a lot of deer hunting this fall.

However, last year, because of the UFO Challenge, I finished 12 - averaged 1 per month - so I was very happy with that.

In addition, I do longarm quilting for a handful of regular customers, and often those are custom quilting, so that takes a lot of my time in the evenings. I'm hoping to get back to 12 a year in 2018. That's a number that gives me a feeling of accomplishment without feeling pressured or stressed about it.

So, it varies from year to year.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 AM

I have done 9 this year and begun 3 more. Mostly baby quilts and wall hangings but one queen sized and some intricate stuff.
Watson
Old 12-20-2017, 08:19 AM

I'm shocked to discover I've done (almost) 9 this year - one is at my longarmer, one is just the pieced top, and the other is nearly finished piecing. All have been largish throw-sized, and all gifts for someone or other. I do still have one top from about 3 years ago that needs another border, but I'm pleased to say I have made a dent in the UFOs this year!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:19 AM

I sew maybe two or three quilts a year, but I think I buy enough fabric for three or four quilts a year!

I work an average of maybe 50 hours a week, so I am mostly a weekend warrior. I usually have one quilt going at any time but then take breaks to make smaller projects like clothes and bags.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Juliebelle View Post
This year I did 17 for project Linus and I did 7 good size regular quilts one of which was raffled off for Susan J Koman for breast cancer. I am retired and tend to go in spurts some weeks sewing a lot then going for weeks witH no sewing.
That sounds like me. I quilt in spurts! There were years I made many...last 2 years...I have only made baby quilts...Just now returning to Queen sized. I quilt my own baby quilts...the Queens..I send to the LAQ...which (although they deserve every dime they make)....I can't afford to do many in a year.