Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Do You Make? >

How Many Do You Make?

How Many Do You Make?

Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM

This year I made 2 art Quilts, 2 baby Quilts and1 king size quilt, as well as 2 mondo bags and a big fun artsy pillow. I am on a crazy Quilt kick right now so have been spending lots of time relearning all the embroidery stitches and learning ribbon embroidery. I’m thinking I could spend all next year on one crazy quilt!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:07 PM
DJ

I had to go back and look at my blog to see how many I have done this year. It kind of depends on what you consider a "quilt". I'm retired, and like many others, I spend many hours a day doing some type of crafting. So it looks like last year in the quilting side of crafting I accomplished the following (listed by size of finished project):

1 finished queen size quilt and pillow shams, started in 2012, (It was pieced and needed borders, etc.)
1 queen size quilt and pillow shams (start to finish)
2 lap size quilts start to finish
1 I-Spy quilt
1 baby quilt
2 wall hangings
2 larger table toppers
2 small octagon table toppers
4 placemats
3 quilted pillow shams
2 quilted potholders
1 quilted French press coffee cozy
1 mug rug
Old 12-14-2017, 05:44 PM

I am retired. I made 16 full size quilts last year, 6 in 2017 along with merchandise for craft shows.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:34 PM

Most of my quilts are for charity so they are fairly easy and lap size. I would guess about 2 a month. I do the quilting on anything smaller than a twin size since there is no way I can afford that many quilts to be done by a long-armer. And my long-armer is very reasonable. This year I also did a twin size t-shirt quilt and a king with over 2500 pieces that went to the long-armer. I do find a like the piecing better than the quilting part. I love sewing and spend as much time as possible at my machine.

Last edited by Jannie; 12-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:46 AM

Since I've retired I usually complete at least 12 quilts per year. I give them as Christmas gifts each year -- the family will be "full up" before too long. My goal is to do something sewing or hobby related every day for 2-3 hours. It can be picking the next pattern, finding the fabric, cleaning up the sewing room or knitting washcloths. I make my goal pretty much every day.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
It is the pieced top. Not sandwiched with batting and backing. I had to ask the question a number of years ago. Old term but as you see, still used.
Oh dear, I have many flimsys or is it flimsies?
Old 12-16-2017, 01:19 AM

I have pieced three large King Size + quilts, two with pillow shams, completed two baby quilts, and working on another. The baby quilts have all been machine applique. I've not accomplished as much as I would have liked, but I've survived a hurricane (7 days in the shelter), broken teeth sustained during the hurricane, and cataract surgery. I think, all things considered, I've accomplished a lot. I am limited as to the time I can spend sewing due to spinal problems.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Oh dear, I have many flimsys or is it flimsies?
LOL! Not sure what the plural is... but I have a bunch myself, though most of them still need to have borders or additional piecing added before they are ready for sandwichng....

Rob
Old 12-16-2017, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
I have pieced three large King Size + quilts, two with pillow shams, completed two baby quilts, and working on another. The baby quilts have all been machine applique. I've not accomplished as much as I would have liked, but I've survived a hurricane (7 days in the shelter), broken teeth sustained during the hurricane, and cataract surgery. I think, all things considered, I've accomplished a lot. I am limited as to the time I can spend sewing due to spinal problems.
Oh, ouch Jeanette, I’m sorry to hear about your teeth and spine issues. Hurricanes scare me, having lived through several as a child (back before weather satellites).

Rob
Old 12-16-2017, 08:01 AM

I am sure its different every year for me. This year I did 4 big quilts (queen size), 10 quilts for kids (45" x 55"), 8 baby/toddler quilts for gifts and then bound several for quilts for kids that others had made