Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Do You Make? >

How Many Do You Make?

How Many Do You Make?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:55 AM

Twelve-ish. I am usually able to make one quilt a month. I work full time so my sewing is limited to evenings and weekends :-)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:02 AM

I cannot say how many in a year because I just started quilting in May of this year:-) So far I have made 4 wall hangings, 3 runners, a table topper, and a full sized quilt. I also have a full sized sandwiched waiting to be quilted and I am working on the BH mystery. I would guess that my production will taper off once I find the balance between quilting and my other fiber interests.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:15 AM

I go in spurts with lots of starts that aren't finished within a year. I do usually one sometimes two big complex (lots of piecing) queen quilts a year, two small wallhangings for guild silent auction, one charity quilt I make completely myself though I participate in quilting charity quilts that someone else has made usually 3 - 7 of those per year.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM

This year I made 48. 47 were donated on Dec 2 to a house for women leaving their abusive partners. They are not huge bed quilts. Most are 50x50, there were some table runners as well, a few wall hangings, and 2 long ones for laying over your whole body while reclining and watching TV. I don't do special quilting, I do a lot of stitch in the ditch, or some decorative stitching. I like making the patterns, but not so much the quilting! I work full time, but am not married and have no kids, so have LOTS of free time!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 PM

This year I did 17 for project Linus and I did 7 good size regular quilts one of which was raffled off for Susan J Koman for breast cancer. I am retired and tend to go in spurts some weeks sewing a lot then going for weeks witH no sewing.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I made 36 or 37 quilts for kids in foster care. I piece and quilt myself, I buy everything I need including batting.

This year I plan to make a 4th or 5th quilt for our double bed have an 18" mattress depth. Close to a queen size. A flannel quilt for TV watching.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM

You mean finished.. I finished 2 queen UFO's and started 2 other pieced quilts but will finish next yr. Made 3 baby quilts 45x60. I long arm quilted several baby panels for charity. I don't sew as often as I would like because when I am interupped, i don't get back to it for several days or weeks especially in the summer when there much going on with family.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:06 PM

I only counsel 2 days a week so I sew a lot. Since I started quilting in June 2016, I'd take pictures of my quilts and put in a notebook so I just counted them....I've made 62 quilts to date. Some large (2-kings, one of which was a BOM and 2-queens)...the others are twin or oversized lap with a few baby thrown in. However, this year I discovered appliquing so it is likely to slow things down for me. I've sewn other non-quilt projects too. I don't leave UFO's....I work on a quilt start to finish and immediately take to quilter. My quilters husband said I should just move-in with them...lol
Old 12-14-2017, 03:03 AM

13 for me, a busy retiree. Many of these were crib- or throw-sized as I try to quilt most of my own quilts on a DSM. When I worked, one or two were all I could muster in a year.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:10 AM

I have only been able to complete 2-3 per year since I started quilting in 2010, not including baby quilts. I just sold one of my businesses in September so I am hoping that I will be able to spend a little more time in my new quilting studio this coming year. : )