Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How many hours?

It depends on my mood. Some days none at all, and others a couple of hours up to 12+/day.

Blog Entries
    It depends. I sew for hours sometimes days at a time a others I do nothing.

I quilt before I go to work and sew at night. On the weekends I do both.

I try to sew as often as I can. Some days that is ALL day others jsut a short time. I also have a long arm in our shop, wish it were in the house, I'd quilt more often, but I usually have something of mine or a friends to quilt, so I could sew every day. I'm like some of you, my health stops me at times, but if I'm upright and not having too much trouble breathing that day, I'm sewing!!!! It's my passion, I've got so many projects going and then see something new I want to try. I know you all know what I mean. I keep my projects in pizza boxes, I have got one emptied this year and have a couple months left this year. Maybe I'll get another finished. :0)
    So may quilts, so little time...............

I am retired, so I can sew when I wish. I had a few days where I was wondering if I should rip out rows and start again, since a few of my blocks were off only a bit. After encouragement from you gals, I decided to leave it alone and I am back to it again. Today, I press and pin.
    I can sew most anytime I wish, because I have a DH, who can fend for himself.
    Evenings are spent together watching tv

Blog Entries
    For me, I would quilt 24/7 if I could. I work full time so I get most of my quilting done on the weekends and get frustrated if I have to stop and do something else.

I am working on projects before and after work weekdays 6hrs+
    weekends 12-14hrs or longer. Time flies when you're having fun! I'm dreaming of new ideas everynight too! Moosegirl

I'm retired and quilt all of the time. I enjoy it. Many projects in the works and many in the planning stage. Every once in a while I catch up to all. Last time that happened was just 2 Christmases ago.

I try to sew every day a little after work. sometimes I'll use the machine, sometimes I'll have to cut fabric for hand sewing and sometimes I'm just on the computer checking out quilt sites. I must say this board is one of the fastest moving sites I've found and I really enjoy reading everything on it.

3 hrs a wk average. Includes cutting and ironing time. :0/

I work in my sewing room 5 or 6 days a week, I will keep going until I get tired of it, which could be 3 to 6 hours.
    Or until my knee gives out. Once I start making mistakes I go find something else to do. Like those house hold chores that nobody else seems to want to do either.

Joyce

There are so many factors for me...First is how I am feeling, then do I have other pressing things I need to do. When I am feeling good I try to sew at least every other day. Then the in between days are for other fun things like laundry and housework.
    Sometimes when I am in the middle of a project, I try to spend some time every day on it. I just have to pace myself so I don't overdo on any day. If I do I pay for it and lose time sewing ;-)

Since I am retired I can sew any day and any time and that is what I do. Sometimes for several hours or until I get tired.
    Sewing is what keeps me going and I love it.

I stay at home and do caregiving for my MIL, she is only out of bed about 4-8 hours per day, so I am able to quilt pretty much anytime. However, I try to make sure that I get on average at least a few hours per day. Sometimes it just doesn't work because I take online classes as well, but I do try.

Blog Entries
    I am retired and do not have a DH so I am usually am sewing ,cutting or something pertaining to quilting. Right now my main projects are a Dear Jane,acually 2 of those. A needleturn Boston Album type and am hand quilting one. So as the mood strikes or if my breathing and back hold out most of the time at least 10 to 12 hr,/day. I am a very boring person lol.

I am trying to get into a different routine. Everything keeps eating up my quilting time, then I am tired and not motivated.
    So, some days I start right after breakfast and give myself about 3 hours.
    Sounds like a lot, but I work very slowly due to health and vision.
    Sometimes, like today, I just couldn't knuckle down due to a magnet called the post office, lol...and I was rewarded! ;)
    But I will try to get my butt in gear later...hope I didn't squelch the creative energies today :cry: :)

I wished I had started quilting 20 years ago. I can spend all day sewing- it is my passion now!!

It really varies...virtually no time is spent quilting in nice weather...I'm too busy around the C'mas tree farm. In the winter when it's cold and rainy, I'll often spend the entire day quilting. :lol:

It all depends as both my husband and I have had some health issues for about 3 years now - seems to get worse. It's sort of funny tho' as I have a fabric nut and I'll buy a little here and a little there and today he said "you've been getting a lot sewing stuff, when are you going to start sewing?" Hmmmm That's the truth tho'. I'm anxious to get back to it, but just can seem to get started on the sewing part.

It all depends on the time of year and where I'm at.
    During the normal time of year, I'll sew 20 minutes before going to work, during my lunch hour and for 2 hours in the evening and then when I during the weekends. Most weekends when the weather is good we are camping, gardening, hiking or just out and about.
    During the holiday/craft show time of year (Aug-Dec) I'm grabbing extra sewing time on the weekend and this is where I'm truly blessed. My DH takes over the housekeeping, laundry and meals to free me up to sew even more.
    During retreats (2x a years) I rarely sleep, so involved in doing what I love to do - create by sewing either by hand or machine. And let's face it, there's nothing on TV to keep any of us entertained anymore.

For me it depends. I'm semi-retired. On the days I work, I barely quilt at all. That's when I surf. On days off, I try to quilt for an hour or two. However, if I get on a deadline, I can spend hours locked in my room.
    Right now I'm trying to finish a quilt for a raffle on Thursday. I just have the binding and labels on the back to attach. I feel like I've been chained to my sewing chair. Today it isn't fun. When it's done, I will be happy

One morning a week usually and one day a week every fortnight if life doesn't get in the way is my lot.

Maybe1day

Power Poster
    once a week for 2 hours unless I'm lucky and can find time to do more.

I don't get to spend as much time sewing as I would like. I crochet around fleece for baby blankets to sell at craft shows. My sisters take them to the shows they go to. So during the fall months I am usually very busy trying to keep up on the blankets to sell. After the first of December I am hoping to get to sew more. I have a scrappy log cabin quilt in the making and want to get it finished. The blocks are all done and just need to be laid out and sewn together. All in all right now I probably only get about 2 hours a week to sew if I am lucky!

I always feel as if my day is wasted if I don't get any sewing in.Even if it's only mending. Usually spend a hour or two machining or cutting and in the evenings I do my hand quilting etc. in front of the T.V. which is set on digital radio. Let's face it , not much worth watching besides the news.Don't get anything done in the mornings as I'm waiting to get some feeling back in my fingers due to M.S. Some days I don't do anything but quilting, but those are one of my rare good days and I'm sure as **** not wasting them on cleaning.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast