Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many machines do you own? >

How many machines do you own?

How many machines do you own?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM

For got to tell you how many machines I have.
one Bernina 200E updated to a 730; a Bernina 830,
a small inexpensive Janome from Hancocks; a old Singer that it at my daughters (she has never used it); and a White Singer that I inherited from my MIL that I have no clue how to use. 5 machines in total.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:48 PM

I have:
--1960's Kenmore in a sewing cabinet that I bought back then to sew for my children;-- a recent Singer; --a recent small Janome for classes;-- Viking D1, my work horse; --1960's Simplicity Serger, --and a Elna serger. So I have 4 sewing/embroidery machines and 2 sergers. They are all in working condition. I'm blessed to have so many. Can't feel I can part with any of them. Sometimes wonder if I'm a hoarder until I read about how many some on the board have!! LOL!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:54 PM

I ended up buying a second machine out of necessity, in the middle of a nightmarish project that I had committed to finish for someone else. I'm actually glad I bought it. It's a used Pfaff (could never afford a new one), that's really heavy-duty with the extra gadget that helps feed the fabric from the top as well as the bottom. At the end of this project that involved heavy duty materials, I ended up with both machines needing a tune up. The guy at the shop recommended that I keep two bobbins from now on, one regular and one for heavy duty materials. He told me to never try adjusting them myself.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM

I Have 3 sergers, 1 blind stitch hemmer, 1 cover stitch machine and 7 reg sewing machines. 1 quilting machine almost forgot, and 1 treadle.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM

I have just one machine, and my old viking that needs the computer main chip replaced and it is about $400 to replace. I gave my old kenmore ( my 1st machine ) to my granddaughter. I do all the cleaning and replace needle and rethread if mine acts up and it seem to fix everything. I panic if I may be have to be without. I have Two older surgers also.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:21 PM

I have 3, my old Kenmore that is almost 30 now, a White serger and a Husqvarna #1+ that I bought used a couple of years ago. If I had unlimited cash I would probably go shop for a new one, but I am pretty attached to the Husqvarna. The Kenmore has a larger throat but is so old I can't get a walking foot for it and the feed dogs don't lower so it really isn't much good for anything but piecing. It doesn't have warnings for empty bobbin, auto tension or variable speed so I have no idea why it is still taking up space...oh yeah, so I have a backup:)
I had the same problem with the top thread bunching up on the Husqvarna and after cleaning, new needle etc it still wouldn't work. $60 later I was told that it needed cleaning and he just took 4 little screws off the front of the bobbin area. I can do that!! NOT :( I can take them off but am screwdriver challenged. Now I get my husband to put it back together while I walk the dog. When he is not home I get soo frustrated. Why does it have to be that difficult to clean, are all machines that difficult??
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM

A new Banylock Quest Plus, a 4 year old Elna 686 serger I barely use, 3 Featherweights, and a Brother HS 2000 for my kids. I'm hunting for an older Pfaff, and I have one in my sights! I might add a straight stitcher too, like a Juki 2010Q or a Brother 1500S Nouvelle.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM

I have a Comercial Remoldi Serger and a Union special lockstitch Then There is the New Janome 3020QC Janome 11000SE a ELna Serger a Brother ULT2003D a Brother 270 and a Janome 1200 Serger cover stitch on layaway Oh I forgot I have A Janome 1600 on a Little Gracie II quilting frame I have a 16X24 Sewing Room and it is full but I use them All
Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 PM

dont let the cams scare you. i have my moms old 1951 singer 403 with cams and i love it. they are easy to change and it embroaders and quilts like a dream. makes all kind of stitch designs. she is a work horse. i love this machine
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM

I will just list them: A 1031 Bernina (My favorite), A 401A Singer (1961, all metal parts.) My mom's old treadle singer, Baby Lock Ellissimo, Bernette Serger, Baby Lock Evolve Serger (8 thread), Short arm Brother on quilting frame. I really, really want a Featherweight, and I think I can convince my husband I NEED it before long. lol I think that makes 2 sergers, 5 sewing machines and one wannabe. One I forgot to list is a Simplicity Embroidery machine I want to sell.