Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: How many machines do you own?

Sorry to hear about your sewing woes.

I only had one machine until recently, now I have 3. My Husqvana Sew Easy just wouldn't handle thicker fabrics so DH encouraged me to buy a new machine and so about 3 or 4 months ago I bought a Janome 6600p then had a wonderful surprise come Crhistmas when my parents bought me a Janome mcq 7700. I am now in a quandry of another type - what to do with 3 machines? :lol:

I have mine and my daughter has one - my mom got a new one and gave my daughter her other one which was practically new (it's better than mine! lol)

I have mine and my daughter has one - my mom got a new one and gave my daughter her other one which was practically new (it's better than mine! lol)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tjradj
    I have the Janome Horizon which I also use on the quilting frame, and kept my Janome QC6260 for backup as it is a real workhorse.
    Today i adopted an antique treadle. She's a Singer 27 from 1904 ~~
    I think I could get addicted to the old gals. She's just so darned pretty!
    yes she is !

I'm not saying how many I have. Hubby might come look over my shoulder......lol

Banned
    3 but use them v little, had a singer, bought janome for other place and inherited bernina.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    It doesn't matter how many you own. How many do you use? I have four, but mostly use one, my Designer 1. The rest sit there and collect dust.
    You are right there and I purposely rotate around and swap machines on each project I do. I try to do it all on one machine so when I give a quilt away I can tell them what machine it was made on which the recipient really gets amazed. But I admit I love my "Universal" 15 for all of my FMQ.

So I actually use all 19 of mine. :mrgreen:

Billy

That's an unfair question, but lets see: HQ, 7459, SE440, one at DD#2, treadle, and three antiques that all work, guess that's makes 8.

Yep I have a spare.......

I just added one...a blue Kenmore Mini Ultra (like Janome Hello Kitty) on sale from Sears for $50. Why? So my boys can both sew at the same time, ostensibly, but really because it's cute and tiny. Thx to the enablers on Pattern Review.

I have 2 pretty basic regular machines so I can sew with a friend. I also have a serger & a basic rotary strip cutting machine. It's a start.

I have one.
    I've been sewing since I was 8, I'm 52 now.
    I bought a Singerwhen I was 18 or so, wore it out (that's what the repair guy said) because it had so much plastic in it. I bought a Husqvarna about 1986 or so. I bought the model I did specifiaclly because I was told it only had metqal parts. I did not ant what was popular then, a computerized machine.
    I've been happy with that Husqvarna ever since. I like making things that showcase MY abilities (and lack of)

I have just one sewing machine and one serger(wich is broken all the time..)

Golly.. I have a Singer 66 from 1919, a Singer Red-eye treadle machine, a Janome HD3000,2 featherweights, one works fine, one I'm restoring, a Babylock Serger, a Spartan 192 is on the way from Ebay, and a Singer heavy duty machine and a Toy Singer "touch and Sew"I promised my husband I'd stop at 10.

Well, lets see, here in the house 3 treadles, one handcrank, One Designer 1, 1 Ellisimo, 1 serger, 1 Singer that I take to classes and the ones out in my building that houses my long arm. Not counting them LOL I use all of them except 2 treadles as they are shuttle bobbins and don't hold much thread

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8