Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 AM

I've been quilting a lot and am down to 9 or 10.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:11 AM

Finishing up someone else's pieced tops is the best way I know to learn handquilting, and I have done a few. Also, helping to restore or repair a beloved work of a grandmother or mother gives alot of satisfaction (no momey, as how can one actually charge for time) and of course, there are gifts of bags, totes, purses, baby quilts, table runners, etc.,---so, the full sized quilts pile up. I think I have six, haven't checked the storage cage for sure. Now when you are nearer 80 than 70, decisions must be made as to what is "going to be left" for someone to do what I have done, mostly years ago, with someone else's pieced work. I am determined to put something into the frame and complete two by the end of the year, one more by March 1.....
Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I would say more than 10...... less than 25 :roll: Six are sandwiched and "ready" to quilt. the others...... not so much!!! No sense rushing. One day I will take a whole day and quilt the sandwiched ones. That is if I don't find some new fabric that I can't leave alone !!!
You will quilt 6 in one day??? LOL
If I can get one done in a day I am extremely happy.
Once I get the sandwich part done I can usually get to the quilting part.
I have at least 4 that I can remember that need to be quilted.
One of them is an extra long King. When my DH finds a job it will be the first quilt that I have ever sent to a long arm quilter. The others I will get to one of these days.

In the mean time I just finished a childs quilt and am working on two others.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by manyana
I have two tops and three waiting for the blocks to be put together. I put off sandwiching because the thought of kneeling on the floor to put together makes my knees ache. Any suggestions??
Colleen
I used to do my quilts on the floor also but cannot any more.
Most LQS will let you use their tables if you call in advance.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 AM

right now - just one - but another top is almost done...
Old 09-10-2010, 07:42 AM

I try to get my quilts done up as soon as I can.. I want to either enjoy them or give them away... I have a couple of small ones waiting to be quilted and two to be bound... not bad...
Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 AM

Well, I don't handquilt. I also don't freemotion on my sewing machine. I send mine out to a longarmer (my daughter), I'm not sure how many of my quilts are waiting to be quilted. My daughter puts mom's quilts at the back of the line. I have a feeling she's going to wait until I pass away and then tell her brother and sister - "You want one of mom's quilts - pay me to quilt it."
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 AM

Quite a few here as I just love to get cutting my latest new fabric and then forget to go back and finish the others. Will someday. (God willing)
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM

Well lets see...I have 4 at the quilters and 4 here plus all my tablerunner and placemats....do they count..I used to have a lot more but have been slowly taking them in so that they aren't laying around...I did purchase a new APQS Milly 2 days ago and will take delivery the first of Nov...but will have a to learn to really use it before I put my actual quilts on it..I have been practicing alot on my Bernina midarm and my bernina 830...I will be selling the midarm frame in the next week or so ..than I won't even have that to do my practice quilts on..than I may have a ton more quilts..ouch....better slow down on my piece work..heheheh..blessings
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 AM

I'm with another lady before me-don't throw stuff at me. I have one quilt top on the Handi Quilter frame-it's about 1/2 done. I am pretty good about finishing quilts before I start another. I have also quilted 179 twin sized quilts for wounded soldiers-our guild sends them to an Air Force base hospital in Germany. And I usually hand piece and hand quilt a bed sized Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt each year.