Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on? >

How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on?

How many Quilts do you have lined up to work on?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM

Unless I live to be over 100, I'll never finish the ones I have on my "to do" list
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM

You are doing good. I just finished 3 tops this week..just had to add the borders, finished hand stitching the binding on a baby quilt that the baby is due this month, and I am working on stitching the binding down on a Christmas quilt I made three years ago...Don't I sound productive???? NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I probably have 20-30 quilt kits that I have bought or put together so if you only have 12, you are doing good. I have about 5 more projects in the works that I have started and I have about a dozen or more tops to quilt and finish. Like I said, you are doing good. I am retired so time is not the issue. I hate cutting and if I have to cut a lot, I will put it away for "later" and get something else out that I don't have to cut. Just think of all the fun you are going to have when you retire. I almost wish I was the kind of person that could start a project and just work on it until it is finished..but I am not. :)
Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM

8 plus!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 PM

I have 6 UFOs, and 3 projects that have all the fabric for and 2 I'm working on now. I get to sew all day and don't have enough hours in a day. I don't cook, clean or do laundry. My hubby loves to cook and clean and I encourage him all the time. The perfect man, for me. My kids tease me that I forgot how to cook so they don't even ask me anymore----I even have the grandkids trained to ask grandpa.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Penna
I have about 10 projects ready to go, pattern, fabric, etc. I buy these plastic containers that are just big enough to hold one project.............I attach a picture or the pattern picture on the outside of the box and stack it on a bookshelf with the label and/or picture facing out so I don't forget about it...............my excuse is I'll be retiring in 4 years and I won't be able to buy fabric!!!!!!!!I have a bad habit of buying odd pieces of fabric and then bring it home................find it a few weeks later and forget what I bought it for???? Brain Freeze! The project boxes do what my mind won't! REMEMBER!
what a fabulous idea. and very smart.

:D
Old 10-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Just one -- I've never made a quilt for myself and the fabric sits on the bench at the foot of my bed, longing to be cut and pieced.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
I just sent enough fabric to be laser cut for 8 quilts.
plus around 5 sitting here.
thats enough.
this might be a silly question but who/what is laser cutting fabric? is it expensive and how does the entire process work? Thanks in advance for sharing.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 AM

I can really identify with that!!! I design and make my own quilt tops. . . love it, love it, love it. :) Then I have to quilt them . . . hate it, hate it, hate it :( I can't bring myself to send them out because then they wouldn't be "mine". I think the secret is learning to improve my FMQ.
Finished a wall hanging for grandson's office (Principal of HS) and will start Christmas quilts for 2 ggc next week. Will post wall hanging.
Originally Posted by Theresa
UFO's included, about 10. I LOVE doing quilt tops; after that am going downhill! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270931.jpe  
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 AM

OOOPS, I didn't want the pix that big.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM

I don't think I have a notebook big enough. I just keep finding new patterns and I have so much fabric and notions. I am trying to stop me from buying any more until I have the stuff done I have. I promised me to do that and then saw some fabric that I had been looking for so I ordered it and that is it for now. I was going thru my drawers and places and I must get moving. Maybe once they get my thyroid med they just gave me to the right level I'll feel more like doing more than the shopping on-line. Have fun everyone. Sue