Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many quilts have you in the closet >

how many quilts have you in the closet

how many quilts have you in the closet

Old 12-29-2010, 11:06 PM

I have so many that on December 23rd, the whole shelf in the closet in the spare bedroom collapsed due to the weight of all the quilts I had hung in there. That was embarressing!!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 AM
QM
Power Poster

I live in a very small home. Including wall hangings and quilts on beds, I think I have about 15-20 finished quilts. 3 local business and the local museum have many more of my quilts on display. The GKs have a goodly collection too. Almost all of my quilts leave as soon as they are finished, unless I hold them long enough for our quilt show. 5 windows have quilted covers. In the last 3 months I have finished 21 UFOs which went to local charities.

Last I counted, I had about 20 UFOs remaining as I finished very few in 2009.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 AM

I have four full size bed quilts for me, 1 twin size in the spare bedroom and this year at Christmas I gave all my quilts and wallhangings away to the grand kids. Most of the quilts were lap size and and i don't want to keep quilts around when someone can use them to be warm. I also have given charity quilts away thruout the year. Have three in the process of finishing right now.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 AM

DITTO!!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 AM

TNTC
Old 12-30-2010, 04:36 PM

Probably at least 25 in the house, counting wall decorations and I dont know how many I have given away over the years.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by doowopddbop
I have two on my bed, my three daughters each made the ones on their beds, and my husband was tired of not being able to open the hall closet door (think Jack-in-the-Box), so when I found a china cabinet at Ikea that matched my TV stand that was slightly marred and deeply discounted, I now have a "Quilt Safe" in my living room. The picture is not great, but that gives an idea. I didn't count the box full of table toppers or the quilts on walls and on couches, but I think it could be close to 50 or so. That also does not include the 18 quilt tops waiting for the longarm quilter (me), or the 23 UFOs... I think I may just join the UFO support group on this board.
great idea,looks good
Old 01-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
I came home from work the other day and my DH had used those vacuum seal bags and squashed all my quilts so there would be more closet space! He swears it won't hurt them but they look like a wrinkled mess!

It's a good thing we'll be married 40years in Feb or I might consider retraining a new one (LOL)!!!

Peggy
You should have your husband read the info on storing quilts at the site for the international quilt study center. Sealing the quilts in plastic is not the thing to do. I will try to find a link for you, and edit this post to include it.

Try this:

http://www.quiltstudy.org/about_us/q...wers/care.html

The information refers to antique quilts, but is relevant to current quilts when you look at folding/storing on a bed/etc.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

not as many as i did yesterday. i went through mine today and put some in give away to charity stuff and some tops too which i know i don't want when done. i made them up just to get rid of fabric lying around and charms in my way. i have many more to take their place,believe me!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

one unfinished, 5 q/tops to do , two for me, and 6 to sell for dog rescue.