Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many rulers or tools have you bought but... >

How many rulers or tools have you bought but...

How many rulers or tools have you bought but...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by omak
Olivia's Gramy needs the Flying Geese x 4 + the book by Joan Hawley and her Lazy Angle ruler + book ... then, you will be able to make ANYTHING! <G>
It's on my list. Can I buy these at Joann's. I have a great Joann's.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 AM

I'm not sure if you can get them at JoAnn's, but I suppose you could know for sure, if you checked their website.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
You probably are NOT going to believe this, but I have a square ruler hanging on the supply wall, that has hung there for YEARS!
Every time .... EVERY TIME! I look at it, or move it, I think:
12" I know I bought a 15" square ruler, where did I put it?
And, I am being totally honest here ... that thought has gone through my head every time, for years!
and, I hate that square ruler because it isn't the 15 inch square ruler I remember buying a long time ago ...
on another thread, I got challenged to make a stack and slash star and I have been dinking with that project for a week or so, and today, I finally got the stars done, and thought ... okay, so the ruler is only twelve inches square ... I could really use that square ruler to square up those blocks ...
and!
I took it down, and thought - - WOW! that twelve inches sure looks big for twelve inches!
and it was
because
it was the fifteen inch ruler I thought I had lost! :shock:
sometimes, I should not be left alone! :roll:
all I can say is: If you think it is rough to have to live with a person such as I ... just think how hard it is to BE the person I is ... can you imagine?
I go to sleep every night KNOWING I am going to wake up the same way I was the day before! :? LOL
If I didn't laugh, I would have to CRY :cry:
Omak, you make me laugh, bc once something becomes stuck in my head, I usually keep on a going, just presuming that this first impression is right!
Occasionally some little bug bites me, and i question? the 'thing' and finally snap out of it! :lol:
Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

this thread is soooo enabling :lol:
Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 AM

You know? They have a name for that thing we have <g>
I found out about it a few years back, and some people even have to take PILLS for it! I didn't pursue the process any further! <g>
I have control issues, so I center on something, just so I have someplace to come back to when I get out there too far! LOL
On the other hand, I made an excellent factory worker, because focusing on one thing is not a hard thing for me to do! I love lava lamps, too! :wink:
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM

UPDATE!

Remember the other day when I bought that X-block ruler???
Well, I know how to use it, and now I am going to be passing it on through the swaps I get involved with!
It is a WASTE of fabric ... I don't like modern quilts, anyway ... I almost cut my finger off (moved my finger in time) because of the small size
It makes me handle the fabric too much and
I consider the whole concept a waste of time, energy and fabric ...
Hope no one went out and bought one ... or if you did ... I hope you can take it back OR ... did you get a BIG one, cuz that one that makes a 3.5" block is just
DISGUSTING!
<wave>
sincere apologies to anyone who thought the x-block ruler would be as good as the flying geese one! :oops: :oops: :cry: :oops:
Old 11-20-2009, 03:54 AM

I have tons of rulers but love my Omnigrids. Combining our house and winter home doubled my supply but I just purchased a 60 degree angle ruler and absolutely love it. Saves moving the ruler around. I use to use a template for these and much happier now when I make placemats and runners. So many plastic templates that I chucked. I must admit I did see a demo at a quilt show years ago on using the Omni to do different things and somehow it stuck in my mind.