Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many...

I have 2 sewing machines and an embroidery machine. I use my Janome for piecing & applique and my Juki for quilting. The Juki is on my HandiQuilter frame. I LOVE my Juki and would like to get another for piecing. I also have an antique sewing machine, but it doesn't work well so it just sits and collects dust.

I sew on a Pfaff Quiltstyle and I quilt on an A-1 Elite 23" longarm on an 11 foot table.

We live in a 7 room house and 2 of the rooms are pretty much devoted to sewing, quilting and fabric stash. I would like a Featherweight to carry to quilt classes, retreats and quilt camp, but really, I don't need any more machines.

Quote Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
    I quilt on an A-1 Elite 23" longarm on an 11 foot table.
    I'm green with envy! :mrgreen:

I have a Janome MC9000 that I sew on at home and a FW for workshops and classes. I also have a treadle and a chain stitcher that I never use. 3 more machines in a closet that haven't seen daylight for several years. But I am not counting!

Blog Entries
    I have three: my Bernina 730E which I sew and embroider with, a Viking 500 that is currently at my MIL's house so we can sew together and a Viking MegaQuilter on my MQ frame. I would like to get into collecting some vintage machines too!

Blog Entries
    i have eleven machines i sew on at differents depending what iam sewing

I have 5 machines total. 3 Sewing machines, a Serger machine & a Coverstitch Machine. I use my Bernina 200E for most sewing & embroidery. My Bernina 903 (which is 27 years old), I use for certain things, like making jeans. I use my Bernina Serger allot. The Babylock CS I just got & It's still in the box. I also have a Sailrite Industrial machine I got several months ago. I use that one for leather work. My Huz keeps telling me I should get a longarm, but I don't have room for one right now.

I have one that I sew on and I have *Pearl*, my singer from the 20's that doesn't get used.

well I have a babylock quilters choice pro for piecing and binding,a designer se and a designer diamond for embroidery and fancy stitching,and a babylock evolve serger,and an innova 18" on a 12' frame.Thought about selling the se but no I am keeping them all

I have 2 sewing machines: a Pfaff, and a ('85) Singer. I use the Pfaff mostly, but other still works great! I have a lower-end serger (not used much), and HQ longarm. :)

I have 4:
    a Bernina I use all the time;

a 50s/60s vintage Kenmore in a table I bought for $25 about 20 years ago and would not part with, even if I don't use it so much any more;

a cheap little portable I used one summer on a trip, but which needs repair/oiling/cleaning before I can use it again;

and a very old treadle machine which will need MAJOR refinishing to even just display, but which was abandoned in the garage of my parents' house before they bought it 50 years ago. I decided to keep it when my mom sold her house - several years before I even gave much thought to starting quilting.

Blog Entries
    I have a Singer 401A which I purchased in 1961, the year I graduated from high school. It still works very well. Recently my sister gave me my mother's old Montgomery Ward sewing machine. It is the one I learned to sew on. I also have a treadle machine that my DH bought for me at an auction.

Just two - a Pfaff and a Janome

I have my Bernina 1260 for my workhorse and my 1130 as a backup. Also a Bernina serger, Bernina Deco500 embroidery, a Brother, A Janome 6600 for quilting and a Gem for classes. I also have my GM's Centennial featherwaight which I haven't used yet.
    I don't think that's too many since each has it's purpose and since I'm retired and live alone, I can sew every day to my heart's content.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmanmommy
    Sewing machines do you have that you regularly use? Since I am starting this major sewing room clean out (from my other post), it got me thinking, how many sewing machine should I keep. I hope to have a more dedicated sewing room in our next house but who knows how long that it could take to sell our place or where we are going to end up.

I currently have 3 and have access to 2 more if I have to take mine in for service. I am seriously contemplating getting rid of at least 1 of them, maybe both the extras. I never use either of them and they just sit and collect dust. Neither of them are anything special, just basic machines and then I have my piecing machine that I do use regularly...it isn't going anywhere.

So I ask, how many machines do you have that you regularly use and how many do you have that are dust catchers?
    I have a 45 year old top of the line Japanese Universal that I have been using every day to make American Girl Doll clothes for my grandaughter. I just purchased the Brother CS6000i from Amazon for $147.54 that has quilting attachments with the machine that I will begin using for quilting. Then I have a very old Singer Red Eye Treadle machine that came from my DH's mother. We are going to restore it and I am anxious to see if I can run a treadle machine.

I have 6 tops waiting. Also 1 I am quilting, and 1 almost cuts out.
    Sewing Machines? 1 have 1 I use all the time, 1 sometimes and 5 featherweights. Love those featherweights!!! :-D

Let's see I have to think on this one. I have a Viking Lily that I do almost all my piecing on, Pfaff 6270 because I like the IDT for quilting, Viking 950E for embroidery, Featherweight for classes, Baby Lock Quilters Pro for the PC Quilter I have never set up, and a White Serger that hasn't been used since I made the DGD's clothes. They are now in College. LOL!

OOh gosh I have 4 : - My old faithful that my parents gave me one Christmas when I was 15 , a really cheap - but excellent home brand (german make ) my colleague gave me a couple of months ago ; a pre 1900 singer (hand) that was my grandmothers - mum gave it to me this week ;as I was told it would be ideal for quilting and then my basic brother PE150 embroidery machine. ...............I really do have the bug don't I !!!!!!!

12- Just gave #13 to a DIL (daughter-in-law). Babylock Esante for embroidery & some sewing, mostly use lightweight Brother XL7700 because it's easy to take to other places. I like fixing machines so have 3 vintage in nice cabinets that I've fixed. Just this weekend changed the cord on a 1938 Kenmore industrial machine with large metal bobbins. Was like a little kid with delight when everything worked! :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will plead the 5th, DH says I am going cave the upstairs in with all the fabric and machines so I had to put some down stairs(but what does he know?). Most of mine are older and were less $10.00 or were given or like my Redeye a gift from my boys for my birthday one year and one my great grandmother bought new in the 1920's it needs a little cabinet work. My most used is my Kenmore Embroidery/sewing machine, still learning the Emb. part thou.

Oh, I forgot my DM has a Gammil longarm I am still trying to figure out how to use,it drives me nuts. But I have not used it much either.

Blog Entries
    Gessh..this sounds like one of those 12 step type threads :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll admit...my name is Sandpat and I have 3 machines..1 Bernina that I use for everything and 2 Singer backup (dust catchers)

I have two -- a Bernina 820 that I bought in a weak moment several months ago when I was feeling sorry for myself because I don't have room for a longarm and an Elna that is maybe 3 or 4 years old. I don't regret buying the Bernina -- it's a wonderful machine -- but I'm glad I did't get rid of the Elna. I discovered recently that the Bernina doesn't believe you when you try to sew without thread (so you can poke holes in a template or stencil) and just quits sewing and the pre-programmed alphabets are much prettier on the Elna. I'm not an embroiderer -- not yet, anyway! -- but I do use the alphabets for quilt labels.

I have 2. My newish Bernina and a 35 yr.old Viking that cannot be fixed anymore. I do have a serger which I never use anymore - my Bernina does everything I need to do. About a year ago I bought a Janome 350E and am trying to learn all about that - what a learning curve for this old brain.

Derla

I have 5 total, but only regularly use 2 of them. One for piecing, one for quilting. I have an embroidery machine that I rarely use, and needs to be serviced, an old Singer 66 that works but is mostly just for decoration, and I still have my first machine my husband bought me. I no longer use it, but my daughter uses it when I'm teaching her to sew. She loves the thought of having her own machine, and not having to share mine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast