Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many ufo's and great ideas do you have? >

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

Old 09-08-2013, 06:46 AM

I actually have some, I want to UNfinish and then REfinish. Now that I've gotten better at binding, I want to redo some of my older ones.

As for planned but still-waiting projects . . . I'm kinda afraid to go there . . . .
Old 09-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I have a lot more trouble starting (actually deciding what to start from the thousands of possibilities) than finishing, so I don't really have any UFO's, unless you count some bits and pieces that were the product of a class, or the vintage tops and blocks that I've been given and haven't worked with yet. But there are scads of design ideas in my head and on the computer and in books and magazines - how do you decide which one to tackle next?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 AM

I have a lot too, probably as many as you. I had a goal this year to finish one a month. So far, I am on target. I am hoping to finish even more than that. I got a new Janome 8900 for my birthday this month, so I hope to even quilt some of my quilts too instead of sending them out. Quilting is a wonderful hobby. I figure that if I get unable to get out in a few years, I will still have plenty of supplies here to keep me busy. That's my rationalization.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 AM

I don't have issues with finishing, as someone else said it making the decision of which one to start. I think this comes from my childhood . Mom would never allow us to cut any fabric until the current project was complete , this included sewing on buttons for a shirt or the hook and eye, etc.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:30 AM

I have 6 or 8 WIPs...all going on simultaneously. Every now and then,I decide to just power through and finish one. Some have been worked on over 5 years..they require " time to ripen" ,you know. I get bored working on just one at a time for very long. It's more about the journey,than the destination for me. I give most away. I just put one one the back of the couch..whoever admires it first...gets it. That way I figure the recipient really wanted it,as opposed to storing it in the closet....bringing it out if they know I'm coming! LOL!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 AM

I am afraid to count. I know there are at least 15-18 ufo's, because that's how many there were when I counted them a couple of years ago, and there are more now. More than I will probably be able to finish in my lifetime. In addition, I have collected bought quilt tops, some of which I'd like to finish. Others I want to remain just tops in a collection. I also have some "great quilt" ideas in my head, which may or may not ever see the light of day. But "A quilt on the bed is worth ten in my head!".
Old 09-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Yep, counting was your first mistake! I am working my way through my finished tops as my FMQ skills improve. I am forbidding myself to start anything new until I finish a UFO. After a UFO is done, I allow myself a little R & R and do a fun small sewing project. I am proud to say I have only about 4 tops left that come to mind. I am not going to look to see if I've missed any that are squirreled away.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 AM

I done the same thing last night lol I have to admit I only have 3 machine ufos and to hand piecing ufos but the list of future projects is looooong but at least I do already have the fabrics for them picked out and seperated w/ their patterns just waiting for me. Right now I am in the process of moving my sewing studio into another room in the house and have been painting (walls furniture, etc.)so much and desperately miss sewing I think I will work on my ufos during the afternoons when Im done painting or in between coats of paint to dry .
Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Ideas in my head=1,234.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:01 AM

paperpieceme - you asked...I have 50 UFO's, yes 50! However, I started out with 64 when I joined the 2013 UFO challenge of the month here on the QB in February, so I've gotten quite a lot done. It's a wonderful group of women that are very encouraging and it's great to post something that you have completed before moving on to the next project. You might want to consider joining us!