Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many ufo's and great ideas do you have? >

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
I am afraid to count. BUT, if I would stay off the QB, I would probably get more done.
You and me both! But learn so much and enjoy all the info and new patterns and ideas.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:33 PM

Easily have 7, make that 8. I just started one for a co-worker who is moving south in 2 weeks! So, guess that one takes priority for a week!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Way way tooooo many!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM

I am afraid to count.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Lumping UFOs and WIPs together (and truly there is a very fine line sometimes!), I guess I have about 10 in various stages of completion, 4 of which are finished tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. And then about three more that are still uncut so I don't count them, they're Unstarted Projects. I have another 5 or 6 vintage tops and a couple sets of blocks I want to finish "someday". I have started and completed several quilts this year, though, and am nearing completion on a quilt for ME that I started about three years ago. If people would just stop getting married, having babies, retiring, graduating, etc. etc., I would have time to finish my pesky UFOs. But then those are all my favorite reasons for making quilts in the first place, aren't they? And don't even get me started on IDEAS for projects I want to make. If I had a dozen lifetimes, maybe...
Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM

5 approx 48 x 60 child size quilts tops all done, 2 are actually sandwiched AND basted for quilting. 2 QOV's, one top finished and backing just arrived late last week, and one in the process. HOWEVER - - I need to make at least 4 more baby quilts and a wedding is coming up next June. I have the focus fabric for the wedding quilt and looking for some great whimsical purple butterfly fabric for one of the baby quilts. SO a total of 7 current UFO QUILTS.. I have 1 container of misc size scraps and one of 2.5 in blocks that I make into blocks, or paper piece onto 2.5 x 8 in strips of phone book paper (see Bonnie Hunter's recent webcam @ quiltville.blogspot.com) I think that addr is correct if not google her.
and one Mile-a-Minute crocheted baby blanket I work on when the light isn't good for sewing. I do have 2 scrap projects going on but those are a 'down the road'
ALL will get done. I keep a limited amount of fabric stash on hand, and am trying to use it all up before I go crazy buying more. Well, that's the intent anyway... rofl
So about 9 or 10 total of ALL UFO's combined.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM

I have 9 quilts waiting for the hand stitching on the binding. I have three that are cut and ready to piece (2 are partly pieced) and about 1000 that are in my brain waiting to be put into fabric! I love my sewing time way too much, it cuts into the knitting and weaving time! LOL!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM

I have three ready to quilt, one hand quilt project, and one top almost finished. You would think I could finish one. Instead, I'm planning a beginners quilting class. Should I include a class on UFOs??
Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM

To many to count.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
I am afraid to count. BUT, if I would stay off the QB, I would probably get more done.
Ha! You are so right! But here we all are!