Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you have started or completed a dear jane quilt? >

How many of you have started or completed a dear jane quilt?

How many of you have started or completed a dear jane quilt?

Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Lacelady is the queen of Dear Jane makers. She made hers in 6 months 22 days and it is GORGEOUS! Oh, and that included hand quilting it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55808-1.htm

Me? I purchased the software, printed out the blocks, put the pages in a nice folder, bought some muslin, and vowed to get started. And that was almost a year ago. Looks like it will be another "next year" project.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 AM

I just ordered the book and the rulers and should have them by the end of the week. I have seen it done in neutral colors, red/white, blue/white, and am thinking I might make it in a three color family group. Not sure, but I am excited to try it.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:22 AM

I've started a DJ quilt and belong to a DJ group that meets once a month at a local quilt shop. Some folks have completed quite a few blocks but I haven't. I've purchased the book, templates and software. i just can't seem to get motivated. I love the group of people and meet with them simply to socialize. We're trying to think of ways to motivate us all.

Do you have any ideas?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 AM
KR

I started mine last year. Worked like crazy on it for a while then put it aside to work on our Guild's quilt show and a few other projects. Picked it back again about a month ago and now have 155 blocks finished....only 14 to go....YAY!! I've finished 1 triangle and have a couple others in the works....applique ones.

I love the fact that each one is different and they all really sharpen your accuracy skills. My goal is to finish it in time for our quilt show in Feb 2013.

Oh, and I met a lady a while back who has made one and at that time had FIVE MORE in progress! And guess what...she is in her 80s!! God bless her!!

One block a day and you can have it done in a year...good luck and keep stitiching! :thumbup:
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 AM

I have the book....but have never started one...I think I may never make one as I keep putting it off...and off...so many other projects I want to make or finish first.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 AM

hers is amazing. i am wondering what the block with 40 pieces looks like. that may scare me off. lol
Originally Posted by dunster
Lacelady is the queen of Dear Jane makers. She made hers in 6 months 22 days and it is GORGEOUS! Oh, and that included hand quilting it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55808-1.htm

Me? I purchased the software, printed out the blocks, put the pages in a nice folder, bought some muslin, and vowed to get started. And that was almost a year ago. Looks like it will be another "next year" project.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 AM

i just sent off for the book and templates after i missed out on the ones on here the other day. that was an amazing deal that i still drool over. lol she had the prettiest blocks included. i would love to have that to start me off but i guess i will have to start from scratch. i hope i enjoy doing it while watching tv. i usually do mine by hand. i love to make quilt tops but don't enjoy quilting the whole quilt as much since i do that by hand too. i am a slow quilter putting it all together. i can move along pretty good on the quilt tops. i have some antique cradles that i collected so i have been making some little quilt tops for those to quilt. i have a really cute raggedy ann and andy coming along.