Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you machine quilt with you regular machine? >

How many of you machine quilt with you regular machine?

How many of you machine quilt with you regular machine?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM

I had been using my brother runway (keep walmart machine) for machine quilting. Did up a full size quilt. worked well with just a free motion foot. Did the scrunch and bunch method, no frame.

I have since bought a pq1500 for a bit more room for even larger quilts. I just put a king size quilt on a flynn frame, we'll see how that goes.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM

I have just taken a series of lessons on machine quilting. There is so much wonderful stuff to learn. I even learned to make a medalian without a pattern. Also to the web site Daystyledesigns.com for over 250 videos of different ways to quilt the Quilt. She is really great and fairly young for those who care about that. PM me I will tell you what I have learned.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 PM

I'd love a longarm in the near future, but for now I use my sewing and embroidery machine for my quilting.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM

I do with my Pfaff with IDT. I usually hand quilt but sometimes, I machine quilt.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

I do. I have a long arm, but sometimes I just want to use my regular machine. So if the quilt isn't too big, I use my Janome to quilt it. I like the feeling of FMQ on my regular machine.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:14 PM

Thanks everyone for responding. I will look at the sites you all suggested and see what all I can learn. I just needed this little vote of confidence that it could be done. I certainly can't see me investing in a long arm. I just love to quilt. May be posting pictures soon you never know. :lol:
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 PM

I quilt with my Brother XR9000. I piece & quilt with it. It has the drop feed for FMQ. The only thing that I don't like about this machine is that the throat space is only about 5 1/2". Oh yeah, I also don't like that the numbers & alphabet are fixed at a very small size and so I never use them. I have hopes of getting a bigger machine and dream of a long arm!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 PM

i, too, prefer to hand quilt. i do the "lap quilting" method. anyway, i have been "practicing" machine quilting for about 8 years now. sometimes i get it right, sometimes not. i just use my regular sewing machine. i have even machine quilted a few king size quilts. it's not so bad and it does get done alot faster.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM

I do but am just starting so I've only done very small projects (tabele runner & wall hanging). SOme on here can do King Size Quilts on a regular machine!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 AM

I do with my Janome 66P.Have taken lots of classes,but it all comes down to PRACTISE.The more your try the better you get.Good luck.