Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you want to be an Elm Creek Quilter? >

How many of you want to be an Elm Creek Quilter?

How many of you want to be an Elm Creek Quilter?

Old 11-28-2010, 05:38 AM

I have read them all. Love them.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:42 AM

I have my own group of "Elm Creek' quilters. I am leaving today with 8 of my friends to a retreat house today until Thursday. We rent a house for $35 a night and bring in our own food. We don't have to get out of our pj's for 4 days!
The house is fully equipped with a full kitchen and the sewing room has tables, leather chairs, irons, cutting boards and rulers. We never have to leave the house, although we do go to the local quilt shop.
The retreat house is called "Pieceful Haven" and is in Crestwood, KY.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ispep413
I'm reading this series and love them. I so want to be part of their group - to have the close friendships with other quilters. To get together and share quilting and brownies. <grin>
. . .and not to mention staying/living in a country manor house complete with ballroom & chef! I'd wager Sarah's DH is a hunk, so plenty of eye candy!

Count me in!! I love her books, too.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM

I've read all of the books also and have thought it would be wonderful to have a place like that to go to for a week or even work there. I thinking working there would be even more fun. I just started quilting a year ago and haven't found a group. I did get my sister hooked on quilting a few months ago and that's really fun. We took a short trip to Lancaster area this summer and visited the quilt shops. It's fun to have someone to talk to about your projects.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 AM

I know I read the first three of these, all in one book, but not sure if I read anymore, yet, lol. Have some in my book stash, so guess I need to dig them out & see where I left off. A circle of quilting friends would be nice, I agree!...
Old 11-28-2010, 01:20 PM

"a hunk" - as they say in Wisconsin ... fer shure!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini
I have my own group of "Elm Creek' quilters. I am leaving today with 8 of my friends to a retreat house today until Thursday. We rent a house for $35 a night and bring in our own food. We don't have to get out of our pj's for 4 days!
The house is fully equipped with a full kitchen and the sewing room has tables, leather chairs, irons, cutting boards and rulers. We never have to leave the house, although we do go to the local quilt shop.
The retreat house is called "Pieceful Haven" and is in Crestwood, KY.
This looks like a wonderful place to visit! Can't wait to hear the details when you get back.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:29 PM

I've read them all and can't wait for the next one!! I also have 2 of Jennifer Chiavarini's quilting books, with the patterns for the quilts the Elm Street Quilters (and Sylvia's family) have made.
You know what I would REALLY like to try?? Sylvia's family's Christmas Struedel (sic) recipe!

Kip
Old 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM

I have only read the first three and am dying to get my hands on the rest of them!!! I would love to have a job like that!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM

That's one thing I miss the most about quilting.....not having any family or friends who are quilters.They love my quilts,but not one of them has a clue about the process.