Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Much Do You Spend on Fabric? >

How Much Do You Spend on Fabric?

How Much Do You Spend on Fabric?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
Just curious but about how much do you spend on fabric per month? I'm just starting to build my stash and realize I haven't been aggressive enough as I only spend an average of $30-40 per month. Judging from some of the pictures, I'm waaay behind.
Do you actually think I'd tell?!! :roll:
Old 01-12-2011, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by sewTinker
My daughter is visiting me and just last night finished re-folding and organizing most of my fabric (the 1/2-yard & fat quarter case). It's amazing how much I have. Not three walls worth (lol...) but more than I am comfortable with. I get nervous with too much fabric and it becomes worrisome for me.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who worried about having too much fabric! Worse yet, I'm not entirely sure why I'm worried. What's up with that?!
I don't Know, qBeth!!! It's like I get anxious looking at all those beautiful fabrics. 'my God... how will I ever Use all of this?' and, yet, I'm blessed to have it because it's there when I need it. It's just that it whispers to me in the night: 'why aren't you Sewing?!'
Amen sister!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Betty Lee
I buy fabric as I need it for a project. Unless I happen to
find something that really grabs my attention for a future project. Just spent $80.00 yesterday on flannel for scrappy
throw quilt projects. Most fabric price range is $9.00 and up. Betty Lee
Who can resist flannels they are so beautiful nowdays.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by MerryQuilter
Originally Posted by Betty Lee
I buy fabric as I need it for a project. Unless I happen to
find something that really grabs my attention for a future project. Just spent $80.00 yesterday on flannel for scrappy
throw quilt projects. Most fabric price range is $9.00 and up. Betty Lee
Who can resist flannels they are so beautiful nowdays.
Who can resist any of the fabrics? There are so many beautiful fabrics now
Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
Way too much but still cheaper than therapy!!!
perfect answer
Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 AM

Have been quilting for so many years, but it is all so joyful! Today is a snow day here and I am still doing my annual reorganizing. Do give away some fabrics just don't want anymore, but for the most part love what I have chosen and the fun memories of shop hops little trips with my best quilting buddies it is just the best. Plus the many gifts made and given.It is my passion! So who's keeping track of $ spent haha. I sew I sew so off to work I go! None is purchased on credit cards. I don't drink or smoke or gamble or compulsive shop for any other items and quilts are soo useful. Enjoy our hobby sisters!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 AM

Have been quilting for so many years, but it is all so joyful! Today is a snow day here and I am still doing my annual reorganizing. Do give away some fabrics just don't want anymore, but for the most part love what I have chosen and the fun memories of shop hops little trips with my best quilting buddies it is just the best. Plus the many gifts made and given.It is my passion! So who's keeping track of $ spent haha. I sew I sew so off to work I go! None is purchased on credit cards. I don't drink or smoke or gamble or compulsive shop for any other items and quilts are soo useful. Enjoy our hobby sisters!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 AM

With state taxes going up here, I can't see spending much and paying more! It is holding me back from the fabric stores as well as others!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 AM

Last year hubby worked alot of overtime so I spent more than usual :oops: he is still working OT but I've been really cutting back because there is only so much time in a day and don't feel the need to compete with anyone.
I'm trying to finish UFO's and WIP's before I buy more,although the rule was broken this last weekend,when it was my B-day and hubby took me to a quilt shop :wink: But what I did buy would be for other planned projects that I already had part of the fabric for and a few patterns.
It was alot of fun but now I'm gonna try and stay focused :D :D
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 AM

I've started out this year keeping track of what I spend each month. It may scare me.