Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much time each day do you spend quilting (all at once) >

How much time each day do you spend quilting (all at once)

How much time each day do you spend quilting (all at once)

Old 03-06-2014, 03:50 AM

Sometimes you (I) have to step away from a project for various reasons...bored with it, working on a design dilemma, challenging technique, another project captures my attention, and just because! I would bet that mother eats her food one item at a time. I work my way all over the plate in no particular order! Good grief.

Sandy
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 AM

Yesterday I sat for a couple of hours joining 2 patchs to make up some 4 patchs. Then sorted some scraps that needed to be cut into squares. Then read for a while. Had lunch. Sorted out some UFO'S. Took a nap. Some days I spend more time, some days don't even go in the sewing room. I bet your friend's mother has a boring life.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM

I am usually trying to complete a quilt for one of my grandchildren's wedding or the birth of a great-grand, so I tend to HAVE to work on one at time. Just to meet the deadline.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 AM

I am at my machine from say 8 or 8:30 until about noon, take a break to eat then its an hour or so more sewing and that's it. I am pooped out. I then go take a nap and then watch some tv. go to the sewing table to fix something for tomorrow.. cutting is not done on sewing days I hate it by then! so I might cut a bit .. and start dinner which means washing any dishes which means.. I guess I just GO. I love sewing. I love cooking. I need to nap. I do all three with zero guilt what so ever. It works perfectly for me
Old 03-06-2014, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
I have several projects going at once.....like cutting out one project, putting together another project on the wallboard, piecing and sewing, sandwiching, sewing on binding, hand-quilting. I know that sounds like a lot, but I find I get bored easily working on one thing for long lengths of time (probably ADHA that was never diagnosed! LOL) I have a friend's mother who quilts and tells me that is not the way to do things. She says I should never start something until I have finished the first thing. So, with all that being said how many hours a day do you spend in one sitting just doing 1 thing?
She has her way, you have yours. She is not in charge of you - tell her so in a nice way!
I always have lots of irons in the fire. Keeps things fresh.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:01 AM

I can't stand UFO's, and try to finish something before starting something else, and can't understand how anyone else can stand the chaos caused by multiple UFO's, but that's me and I realize we're all different. When thinking about you crazy ufo-collecting people (LOL , I console myself with the fact that I don't have to live in your sewing room, and I'm so very thankful that you don't live in mine! Signed, your OCD quilting friend!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 AM

For me I only work on one at a time but its your enjoyment so do what makes you happy. That's what its all about. I enjoy it so much I can sometimes spend hours in my sewing room.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Whatever works for both of you.

Some people can t stand to have an unfinished pdoject around.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 AM

I've never wanted to listen to anyone telling me how I should quilt! I love having several projects going at the same time! With that said, I do finish my projects when they need to be finished! Since I've retired, time is not as much as an issue as when I worked. Just work on what you want, when you want to! that's my motto!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM

If it wasn't for the fact that I will be older, I wish that retirement would hurry up and get here. I'm envious of those of you who can plan their days however they want.