Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How is this possible? >

How is this possible?

How is this possible?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

RELAX -- Your body/mind is trying to tell You something ...You may not know exactly what that is but ...LISTEN...anyways. How You feel is all YOu need to know for now...just obey Your inner self and relax. When You want to quilt again...You WILL.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Maybe you need some coffee, chocolate, and some time here to see all the other pretty quilts. Always helps me!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Good question - I thought I was ready to get back to quilting today - could care less...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
SLAP!!! Snap out of it! You are just a bit under the weather right now, things will be better once you read the forum more!
This has to be the best reply I have ever read. LMAO

We all need to sit back and let our brain relax sometimes. Then we can dream up even more projects to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:39 PM

No matter how much you love doing something you still need a break from it now & then. We all go through it from time to time. Just take a rest. You probably need one. Our bodies let us know when.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
At work today, there was an overabundance of people, no animals that needed treatments, and nothing pressing that needed doing. We were all staring at one another, so I left. I got off work at 10:30 excited to come home and work on projects and be productive in my own home.

It is now 2:01 and I have no desire what-so-ever to even TOUCH my sewing machine. None. No desire to work on ANY of the ufo's that I have. None. No desire to sort through my stash, no desire to organize my thread, no desire to even think about crafting/quilting.

What is wrong with me??? I don't think I'm feverish, I am not nauseated, I feel generally fine...how is it possible that I have no desire to quilt...AND I'M OK WITH IT???
It's kinda scarey.
Yeah, I've been that way, too. I usually use this time to look through quilt magazines, or just watch TV until the feeling passes - it always does!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:30 AM

I was lucky enough to leave work early yesterday too. By early I mean I was home at 3pm instead of 5 or 6. I planned on tackling a quilting project but instead I had 3 very large dogs who were glad/surprised to see my home early and wanted to play. I spent the afternoon walking in the woods with the sun shining down thru the trees and a beautiful breeze cooling things off. The dogs were having a grand time chasing each other, squirrels and anything else that moved :) Nope, didn't get any quilting done but for some reason I felt like a new woman when I walked back into the house. I'll pick up my quilting project today and probably have a much clearer mind about the whole thing.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Finished can have many meanings. You can finish cutting, you can finish making a block, finish the top, or the sandwich. Every step has it's own "finish". See? You can Finish something today.
Yeah!!! I love this definition...right now, i'm going to go finish a cup of coffee! Armed with this definition, I think there are lots of things that I can FINISH today!!! Hurray!!!
Thank you for the new concept!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

It happens. I have done that before, and for a bit longer than a day. In fact, several weeks. Think of it as a vacation. When you "get back" you will be refreshed.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:58 AM

Sometimes that happens to me, I get some precious free time but all I want to do is read ... or nap !! If I don't feel like sewing, I'll go through fabrics, patterns or mags and get some fresh inspiration :)