Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: how well do you know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    I believe it said 500 patterns - $500. That's $1 per pattern.

The seller has edited her original listing. She originally said she wanted to sell it as a lot but would be willing to sell 1-4 patterns for $100. If you look at the first few posts here, Greenheron posted she sent an inquiry about it and the subject line was 500 patterns for $1000
    Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 07-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    The "Cross and Crown" one I recognize the drawing from a book my mom had, copyright 1980. They may be from the 1930's originally, but the envelopes would be yellow, and so would the tape and/or glue that the pictures are on the envelopes with. You are talking about 80 years plus. If you invest in the book "5500 Quilt Block Designs" for about $20.00 used, you will get a much better deal.

it looks like they are copied on too paper and then put into envelopes and the templates are made up too. i'm wondering if they have made up more then one copy and are selling a bunch of them

I used to get patterns like these in the mail years ago, not the 30's though.lol
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Looks like patterns from Cappers Weekly. A paper published in Kansas. Not sure how many years they had quilt patterns in their paper, but I bought some around ten years ago from them

Update on the patterns: I received an email from the poster and I quote:

I wanted to tell you that all these come with the templates and the price is actually 200 for all. I wasnt sure if you were interested or if you knew someone.

I replied that a group of quilters were discussing the ad.

I may be blonde but NOT stupid! Even if they were original aren't they a touch over priced!??
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    But at the price of "1-4 patterns for $100"????
    I don't know what you all are reading, I see 500 patterns for $500. Either way, they are to easy to come by to pay that kind of money for.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltapillow View Post
    Jacquie---Would you like some original Kansas City newspaper patterns from that era? Free to You! If you want them.
    I would LOVE them...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by be a quilter View Post
    I don't know what you all are reading, I see 500 patterns for $500. Either way, they are to easy to come by to pay that kind of money for.
    the seller has changed her ad!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
    Oh, I couldn't resist sending an inquiry. The subject line that comes up for the email says "500 patterns--$1000"! Must NOT be a typo.
    I just bought the Jinny Bayer book that has 4000+ patterns for not too much. What are these people thinking? I'm going to assume it's a non-quilting person who thinks they've hit a gold mine.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I live in OK, also, and years back (maybe 70's and 80's?), our OK rural electric monthly magazine had quilt patterns you could get free by sending a long SASE. The patterns look exactly like the pictures, just photocopies they mailed out to you. Someone must have made the envelopes to store them and templates for them and then kept them MUCH neater than I kept mine! They were free at the time, and really not anything special, but remember that was PRE-internet and we had to keep ourselves amused in other ways. Anyone wants to pay that much $$, let me know and I'll hunt mine up and real quick make a plastic template. LOL!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I live in OK, also, and years back (maybe 70's and 80's?), our OK rural electric monthly magazine had quilt patterns you could get free by sending a long SASE. The patterns look exactly like the pictures, just photocopies they mailed out to you. Someone must have made the envelopes to store them and templates for them and then kept them MUCH neater than I kept mine! They were free at the time, and really not anything special, but remember that was PRE-internet and we had to keep ourselves amused in other ways. Anyone wants to pay that much $$, let me know and I'll hunt mine up and real quick make a plastic template. LOL!
    oh how interesting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3