Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how would you handle this? >

how would you handle this?

how would you handle this?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM

This is a 'friend'? I don't think so......
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Apart from any thing else.... I would be annoyed that she had sold the quilt after using my stash to create it!!!!

Give her back the quilt and gently but firmly tell her that you cannot quilt it in the condition that it is in..... but please do remind her that she is completely at liberty to quilt it HERSELF!

Hugs and good luck
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM

Others have said well what I would say too. Do not be a door mat for this person.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Are you out of your mind? You put 90% of the fabric in, did the cutting, you have to BUY the backing and batting and pay for the quilting and SHE'S going to get the $400????

Seriously???
I agree COMPLETELY with Scissor Queen. This 'acquaintance' has colossal nerve. You must be nuts if you go through with this arrangement. How much did you tell her you were going to charge for providing the batting, backing, and quilting AFTER you spend hours preparing it?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:09 PM

The thing that would bother me the most is that your name goes on that quilt as one of the people making it. Gosh, what an awful situation. I've had "friends" and a few family members who behave that way. It stinks.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM

www.quilterspantry.com has a very intimidating list of requirements before they will accept your quilt!! I was totally impressed with them. They charge xtra for xtra seams! I think you should print off a copy of that list of requirements and give it to her with the quilt!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Oh, boy! I feel your stress! Since she wants it "yesterday", I would gently tell her that you are not able to quilt it for her. That you do not believe that you want to be responsible for the quilting now that it has been sold. It is too stressful and it would be best for HER to get it quilted by someone who knows more about it. Stick to your guns and put it right back into her hands and let her stress about it. Doesn't have the money? Then she will have to wait as the rest of us do when we can't afford a long arm professional quilter.

These types of things really get under my crawl. In fact, I believe she should share to profits with you! I feel better now. Good luck!

By the way, this is not being confrontational. It is being honest and caring about HER quilt!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Call and have her pick it up. Tell her what to do so you can finish it. IF she doesn't let her find someone to do thef inishing work
Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM

She used your matreial, you are doing the quilting and SHE is selling it for $400!NOT!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM

I have to agree with the suggestion to return it to her and tell her to contact someone else to finish it. I would not put my name/reputation on something like that. JMHO and I hope it helps.