Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
And how was your day? >

And how was your day?

And how was your day?

Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Love and huggs to you and your mom, my mom lived with me for over 20yrs and last year I had to put her in a assisted living home because of alizhamers and the last time I saw her she told everyone there that I was her sister It is hard to see the One who raised you go down hill but it does happen it is still hard but I am the only one of three children that visits and take care of her needs but what else can we do Mom took care of us so now we return the love in the only way we can.
retiac
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM

LOL sounds like another priceless day to me
Like in one you will never forget
Oh the memories we share
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

I remember my mom making me mind all the socks, there were five of us, this job took forever, but I learned to sew at a very young age. God bless.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Cathy - first you made me ROTFLMAO - then you made me cry. My mom's dementia didn't show up until she was 89 - and Alzheimer's wasn't diagnosed until she was 92, which we were told is unusually late. So I've decided to check out at 89 ~ ~ ~

For a while, I couldn't understand why my sweet Mom was getting so angry and why she eventually banned me, her only child, from her home. We had been sharing a sewing room during the winter for nearly 10 years, but I moved all my things out that afternoon, went back to my place, and fixed myself a large Manhattan! Within months, the schism was over, because she recognized that she needed help and called me. DH and I were only in AZ during the winter, so we helped her find a wonderful Assisted Living facility. She said it was the nicest place she'd ever lived in. 5 month later, she had to move to Skilled Nursing as her Alzheimer's progressed rapidly.

As it turned out, DH and I did not leave AZ at the end of that winter, because I realized that Mom's dementia was getting worse, and I wanted to have daily contact with her for as long as she knew who I was. She recognized me, DH & one particular friend who visited her frequently until the day she died, but she became more and more confused.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 AM

Sometimes you just have to stop and do something else for awhile. It's hard to stop though until you can SOMETHING to work right.
I kept having problems with the thread breaking on my Babylock quilters Professional. I was sure I was doing something wrong-took it to the dealer & it sewed fine after she threaded it! I went home and it broke on me again! I was ready to scream--then I changed thread and---no problem!!! the thread was old so I tossed it and haven't had the problem since.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 PM

My day was actually pretty good. Took Mom for her therapy. Took Sammi For her therapy. Then when We got back to the shop a customer came in and order a Easter baby quilt. 2 more came in and each ordered a quilt that didn't have to be ready until their Easter family dinner. That gives me plenty of time.But knowing my OCD,I'll start on it right away.I bought the perfect bunny fabric that will be just right for the baby quilt and I'm gonna cut it out after I eat my tuna salad.