Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ Simply Sixteen with Little foot long arm machine questions >

HQ Simply Sixteen with Little foot long arm machine questions

HQ Simply Sixteen with Little foot long arm machine questions

Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 PM

I have a HQ 16 and have loved it. HQ has terrific phone support. When I upgraded part of my set up I even took cell phone pictures and sent them to the HQ tech in Salt Lake City as we talked. I was easily walked through the process. They also have great online videos.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:43 PM

In the process of trying to sell my Sweet 16 so that I could purchase the Simply 16, the sister (and HQ Infinity owner) of the prospective buyer told me that the Little Foot frame is a pain. She specifically mentioned putting together & pre-basting the quilt sandwich before you can load it on the frame. She told me I should convert my sitdown to a stand up and buy an HQ Studio Frame in a 6 ft version.

The problem with this solution is that the conversion kit plus the frame would be more that just buying the Simply 16 new. The Sweet does not have the stitch regulator so that would be an addition charge. I would have to purchase the Studio Frame separately then what do I do with the Little Foot frame? From the website it looks as if you can only purchase Studio Frame in a 10' or 12' configuration. If you have space issues you can reduce the 10' frame to a 6' but you then have an extra 4' section hanging around...

I don't understand why Handiquilter doesn't make their "packages" more customizable. It would be nice if you could purchase the machine you want with the exact size of frame that you want. Has anyone been able to do this? My HQ dealer doesn't act like she is willing to "deal" with me at all.