Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HURRAYYY!!  Our voice has been heard! >

HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard!

HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Ours, an hours drive from here, is safe for another year the clerk said.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
Susan the gal who works at our walmart fabric told me the same thing..they got so many complaints they are not going to close it...well the one at the store in Klamath Falls Ore anyway...
you can call 1-800-WALMART to complain...
My step-son and wife live in Klamath Falls and I send her to WalMart because they carry a certain kind of black fabric I really like....we live in Coos Bay so it isn't too bad of a price for shipping or until we drive down there or they come up here. Our local WalMart isn't getting fabric back from what I've been told.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
She also said something about packaged fabric. 2 yards bagged and hanging on racks in some of the stores. She said they had complaints about that too. It wouldn't be good for someone who needs more than 2 yards that isn't pieced together but it would work ok for us quilters. Maybe they will bring back fabric to the ones closed.
I would be a little leery of prepackaged fabric - I have seen same at JoAnn's and it is very low quality fabric. I don't like to buy it if I can't feel it.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM

you can go on wal-marts web site and sign a petition to help get fabric back in all wal-marts
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
My step-son and wife live in Klamath Falls and I send her to WalMart because they carry a certain kind of black fabric I really like....we live in Coos Bay so it isn't too bad of a price for shipping or until we drive down there or they come up here. Our local WalMart isn't getting fabric back from what I've been told.
Wow you live in a very beautiful part of the US. I fell in love with that area when I visited as a teenager. You are very lucky to live there :thumbup:
Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 PM

I was in an Oklahoma City Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and was told 1 store , in Yukon, Is re-instating their fabric dept as of Feb. 1st and the OKC store I was visiting was getting a boost in their fabric dept sq footage. Maybe we have been heard!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM

I sure hope this news is right!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 PM

My WM never lost their fabric dept and the usual lady there is so sweet!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM

I was in our brand new huge WalMart about 10 miles away. No fabric to cut for us, several kinds of it already cut in quarters and hanging on racks. A few other things in 2 rows.

No need for me to return there anytime in the future. So I came home and went to my own smaller WalMart which does have a large fabric selection, and a nice, friendly and chatty lady who cuts it accurately. She is careful to make it even, and I noticed that she gave me the end inch of triangle that crept over the straight line she started measuring from! And said for me to show her pictures of what I made with that fabric!! And I will, as soon as it's done.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:08 PM
Power Poster

My Walmart got rid of their fabric department last year. 10 miles away still has theirs. It was always so nice to just bop over to my Walmart for a quick item. Now I don't even go their anymore for anything. I wonder how many other people are boycotting the Walmarts?