Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am a bit embarassed >

I am a bit embarassed

I am a bit embarassed

Old 06-19-2010, 11:11 AM

your not alone, Im glad you posted this because im not go at oiling also.But will try to get better.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Well, I'd call and ask the dealer, but I can't imagine that any machine with moving parts would NEVER need to be cleaned and oiled. Wouldn't every company get a hold of this technology and improved the world and their sales?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Thanks Linda. Maybe I should change my thinking to older machines that don't have the newest technology. Surely, I don't want to make anything worse for anyone, especially sewing enthuasists with new machines! I know how I'd feel if it happened to me that someone suggested something and I followed through only to discover that it made my life miserable.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

I took a class on my new Babylock and I am glad I did because I would not have read the book and I would not have known to pull out the bobbin shuttle to put the drop of oil on the felt pad below. Don't feel bad. Now you know.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
:lol: Years ago my brother was getting ready to take my mothers car to the garage to have it serviced and "greased" and my mother said "Why? Didn't they do that at the factory?" :lol: Its been a family joke ever since. :shock:
You went to the photographer, Marsye! How did he manage do take YEARS off of you?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by julie
I tried to oil my machine where the manual showed, but couldn't get the nozzle at the right place. Not sure if it's me or the manual pictures. My one complaint about the manuals is that they sometimes are written so technically that I practically need a dictionary to figure out what is meant. Why do they use a $50 word, when a dime word will do?! lol
Try lying your machine on its back.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Thanks, JoanneS, I didn't even think of that, I was so frustrated!
I'll try it tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by marsye
:lol: Years ago my brother was getting ready to take my mothers car to the garage to have it serviced and "greased" and my mother said "Why? Didn't they do that at the factory?" :lol: Its been a family joke ever since. :shock:
You went to the photographer, Marsye! How did he manage do take YEARS off of you?
Lots of beauty sleep!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

When researching where and how to oil my bernina Artista 180 it says I need to use rotary hook oil (mobil velocite # 10) It also said not to use normal sewing machine oil as it would gunk up the machine as the rotary hook oil is a lot finer(not sure if that is correct word)
So after thoroughly cleaning and taking apart the bobbin area I didnt oil it as i didnt have any of the rotary hook oil.
My question therefore is to anyone who knows for sure do I need this special oil??
Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Dont be embarrassed....I dont think there is any mistake I haven't made AT LEAST once...sometimes repeatedly lol.

Margie