Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I am crying, but they are happy tears----

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    That's a lovely story. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's death, and your sorrow. But I share your joy in such kindness, and how your quilt will bless another vet.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

I am so glad that your tears are happy ones. Thank you for standing behind your husband as he served our country. May God bless you.

What a great way to honor your husband by donating the quilt top to another vet! A great story!

I am so sorry for your loss, but what you did with your quilt top is a beautiful story. We must treasure and remember every day, those are our memories that stay with us through this journey, as we learn to live the rest of it by ourselves. (I am doing that also. My prayers are with you.)
    "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy!"

What a wonderful story-I am sure your quilt will be treasured.

The Veterans' quilt--the rest of the story of the "happy tears quilt"

Quote Originally Posted by johans View Post
    his memory will live on in that quilt. I enjoyed finishing it with the enthusiasm of my guild.
    Joann
    Many of you have comment on the story of the "happy tears quilt" This is the lady that made it all possible for it to happen. She did a beautiful job of quilting it and made sure people knew the story. I applaud her and her guild for the work and dedacation to our county's veterans.
    Last edited by harrishs; 06-08-2012 at 07:22 AM.

So wonderful for us to remember the sacrifice that all our soldiers and their families make for us to have freedom. Thanks to your husband and men and women who serve. I also have a son that has served 15 years and still serving in the US Air Force and I know he and his family have sacrificed living near their family and much more, but I am so proud of him.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Blog Entries
    God Bless you, for you will be rewarded at the Pearly Gates, when you see your husband again, he'll probably have a smile on his face, and as BIG Thank you also, for there are not many of those that would recycle their projects and give to someone else that feels the pain from the same war, and problems of Agent Orange, I'm a Veteran and are Proud of your efforts to give to our Veterans-May GOD always keep you in his thoughts of your giving.

What a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

SO SO wonderful. I know the vet that recieved the quilt was so honored. I make quilts for the veterans enterning the hospice program I volunteer for. when they recieve my quilt in ceremonies their is never a dry eye. You did a wonderful thing.

Awww, I have tears as well. It was so kind of you to part with the quilt top I know it must have been very difficult. Johans took the top and finished it with love and pride to make another veteran happy. I am sure your husband is beaming with pride from Heaven. I am so sorry about your sudden loss, may God keep you under his Angels wing as you go through a difficult adjustment.

What a generous and thoughtful thing for you to do. And what a wonderful tribute for your husband.

what a wonderful tribute for both you darling husband and the other service men and women. God Bless America.

Thank you for sharing you quilt with veteran. Your story is wonderful and knowing that you could make a veteran more comfortable is special. I bet your husband is looking down on you with a big smile.

I am so glad they were able to pass on the gift you made from love on to someone who will treasure it.
    Jeanie

I'm sure your husband would be very proud of you and we thank you for his service. What a tribute!

Blog Entries
    We lost a very Dear Friend to Agent Orange. Very sorry for your loss. Great story, thanks
    Nana of 1 E and 2 G's

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's sweet that your quilt went to another Vietnam veteran. Your husband would have been proud.

Blog Entries
    I am amazed at the generosity of quilters. What a wonderful and kind act.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful Gift. God Bless

Blog Entries
    I'm sure your husband is looking down at you, smiling for your thoughtfulness, Take care!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3