Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am on high gear! >

I am on high gear!

I am on high gear!

Old 06-23-2019, 01:21 PM

Thumbs up I am on high gear!

My mind and hands have been going quickly as I have finished 3 quilts and diligently working on 2 others. Right now I am frog stitching on one of them as the stitch regulator to my 1500se on the Grace frame just died totally. Do not despair! I am taking this Sunday off to re-group. Tomorrow I will move forward and get things going. My fingers have been quilt making and quilting now for about 4 weeks non-stop now. I have been waking up thinking about what quilting project will I do today. Or do I like how this one is looking. Mostly what am I going to learn here today I take a break from stitching and come over here and begin to read and many times comment or interject a new though. I feel I have been binge quilting. The only time I have left my sewing studio has been to go to a few garage sale where I picked up 3 sewing machines. One is close to being an antique the other two vintage and I didn't come close to spending $20 for all 3 machines. Even then my mind was on quilting.
I know a lot of us are 'quiltaholics' I knew I fell into that category when my stash began to grow years ago. I know I would have it no other way. With all the sewing machines I have here I try to keep them all in working condition and will use different ones for different projects.
Am I crazy or do other quilters act like me?
Old 06-23-2019, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Yes and yes.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:40 PM

'Yes' to the first part. I am in a phase of binge quilting also. Currently I have 13 WIPs. Most are at the binding stage. A few are just pieced tops. All are small baby quilts. ... 'No' to having more than one sewing machine. .. And, a big 'yes'! I admit to being a fabricaholic! ... And, 'yes' to the crazy part!!
Old 06-23-2019, 04:30 PM

Sounds normal to me! I try to sew or quilt daily for at least a couple of hours--unfortunately my house could use that attention--oh, well!
Old 06-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

I am working on a quilt almost everyday. A Granddaughter just requested some quilts for an organization That helps the needy. I usually donate the quilts to our county foster kids program. I can make them for either group. I will have to step up my quilting making. Maybe make larger blocks or use wide strips so I can make enough to help.

I decided in 2010 that I want to make as many quilts as I can for the rest of my life. I buy all the fabrics, battings, threads and everything I need to make the quilts.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:55 AM

I go on binges quilting or sewing quite a bit, but I don't binge shop. I have too much fabric already, and I also have two sewing machines - one to use and one to have as back up. I'm retired, so I can spend my time doing what I love!
Old 06-24-2019, 03:07 AM

Right now my home could use a lot of attention. Dust is everywhere. Sewing and dusting are incompatible all the time. My guest room has quilt backing fabrics laid out 3 deep and 2 WIP's on top of the bed spread. I hav e been up since 5:30 am most of the time having my coffee and reading here. I have a repairman coming to fix my water softener this morning so that will cut into some of my sewing time. While he is here the plan is to do some more of the dreaded frog stitching ugg... at least that can be done close by so if he needs me I am only a room away. I also have a few receiving blankets to make today for the Pregnancy Center, part of our charity quilting program in the guild. There is also one other quilt/sewing related thing I want to do today and that is tune up one more sewing machine. It is one of my favorite machine from the mid 80's. Then every machine in this house will be up and running soundly. Now to finish the coffee.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:08 AM

This is how I am also spending a majority of my quilting time right now. Only one do I consider keeper for me. That is t he one I am making for our bed right now.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:12 AM

But isn't this a great way to be crazy
Old 06-24-2019, 03:39 AM

Right now, I've lost my sewing/quilting mojo and want to find it back. I'll never use all my fabric, so thinking of selling some of it off and then maybe starting over.....slowly.