Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am in trouble now

I am going to check out some others tomorrow, including the babylock espire.

Yeah, that's what happened to me a few months ago....only my old sear kenmore coud't be repaired, it need refurbishing as it was well used! It was 29 years old and well used indeed! I was tempted by the new BabyLocks, but bought a new Sear Kenmore again! Turns out Janome makes the Sears Kenmore machines...Hello! A Great machine once again for little $$. So, if wisdom prevails and it's time for a new one....shop around a bit, try Sears, Try ebay, and a few other retailers who discount...you might have you're new love!
    Kindest Regard,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmom
    B.zang - so you have not had an issue with the tension? I have been reading too many reviews.
    None. This machine has just sewed, without complaint, anything I throw at it. If anything seems to happen, the fault is always mine - like not keeping the lint cleaned out!
    :oops:

Love my 6600! Would buy another if needed-er-wanted-er-oh heck!
    Have sewn on single fleece, double fleece, sheers for curtains, quilt blocks, paper pieced, fancy stitches, monogramed, embroidered quilt labels (after entering into system), and love the auto-thread cutter feature especially doing PP.
    Love the walking foot and 1/4 " foot. I even used the buttonhole maker the other day and got it on the first try.
    Sew easy.
    There was a thread on here and someone was trying to sell their slightly used one for around $1300 I think. Don't know if she sold it or not.

I have one and I love it!!!!!! I also got the table that goes with it and that's great too. The machine has so many stitches, the variable speed is wonderful and the walking foot system is the best I have had - be sure to get all the walking feet that go with it - esp the 1/4" walking foot!

I have a Janome 6500 and I love it. (also have a Pfaff and an old Singer) My next machine will be a Janome.

Don't have a Janome but have a friend who does. She loves it. I took my old machine in ... a Kenmore which got a lot of use and never gave out on me until about 2 months ago. It just stopped going! The man at the sewing machine store told me the motor was gone. After he told me how much it would cost to fix it I decided I NEEDED a new one. I bought a Viking and love it so far.

Judyjo

The Janome MemoryCraft 6600P is my DREAM! Only now I can not afford it and I am also very happy with the machine I have now.. But if you can...you have to buy that machine. It is a good workinghorse with a lot of extra's wich make your sewing easy.
    Maybe you can ask if you can try it in the store, it even sews trough thin wood!

Tiffany, I do that when I'm sewing pieces, I use a little "tail flag". It also saves on thread. Someone might think, "what's with the thread saving?". Well, if you do a lot of little pieces and a lot of quilts, that adds up to a lot of thread tails. I took a quilt block class several years ago and one lady there used to put out about a foot of thread each time she sewed two pieces together. The instructor told her about "tail flags" and how it saves on thread. This lady had a real attitude and continued all through the sessions to waste thread. She seems to really go out of her way after the instructor hint to show off how much thread she could waste. When the instructor would have a helpful suggestion, this lady would go out of her way to do something different even if it did waste time or fabric. Anyone else have someone like that in their quilting classes? Like my Gram would say, "Contrary".

Blog Entries
    The first embroidery machine I saw was when I sent in to buy needles. The store had just got it in and they were unpacking it. The next day I went back and bought it. At that time my, then young grandsons were visiting. I rented them so movies so I could have some alone time with my new baby. Dern if the youngest wasn't more interested in the machine than the movies. I sew with him sitting in front of me. It was a good experience to share with my grandsons. I am now on embroidery machine #3.
    Forgot the blinders that day.

So today I went to a store that sold both Babylock and Pfaff - did not even look at the Babylock - was totally taken by the "neck" size of the Pfaff - I am now in the final stages of researching the Quilt Expressions 3.0.

Blog Entries
    I do and LOVE IT! It will do anything you want including quilting a king sized quilt. Go back and take a test drive and see for yourself. You won't regret it! GG

There is a quilting shop in Dry Ridge , Ky. that sells the Janome 6600 for
    1295. Just in case you are interested.

Gigi which one are you referring to ? - I have been discussing so many that my head is spinning

Quote Originally Posted by trupeach
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Quote Originally Posted by trupeach
    Didn't you know when you walk into any place that sells machines or fabric you are suppose to wear horse blinders and look at the ground. If you don't and you are able to look around you do get into trouble. If you check the quilter rule book horse blinders are listed under choclate next to the sewing machine at all times. :mrgreen:
    I guess I'll need my horse blinders tomorrow :roll:. I have a hairdresser appointment which just happens to be in a town that has a quilt shop which also happens to be right next door to a sewing machine dealer who happens to sell Janome's :shock: and if memory serves me correctly....they also have some long arm machines right there in the shop . :!:
    Hate to say this but your screwed!!!!! LOL
    Hahahaha....I came out of the fabric store $150.00 poorer than when I went in :shock: .Then I went in and looked at the Janome machines, and also the long arm (which was a Viking) but the owner of the shop was a "hoverer" so I didn't stay in there very long. I felt like she thought I was going to break something :?

I bought my 6600 two years ago, I had yearned for it since it was introduced. I got it particularly for the Acufeed, and large bed. I am so pleased with it. Free motion is so good on it - the variable speed control is brilliant. I have all the extra Acufeed feet and use them all. It sews brilliantly with all thread. I also got the Janome table for it which is great.
    The only other machine I would consider is another Janome!

My wife and I BOTH have our own 6600.
    To me, this is the top of the line "Rolls Royce" machine and a person would be in big trouble trying to take it away from me.....

Quote Originally Posted by adrianlee
    Tiffany, I do that when I'm sewing pieces, I use a little "tail flag". It also saves on thread.
    "tail flags" I keep forgetting to use them and I have tons of small little pieces that I could use. Thanks for the reminder. 8)

I have a Janome and love it. You will not go wrong with that brand.

I just purchased a Janome 6600, I love it! I have a Janome 525 Sewist but wanted a larger working space in order to FMQ along with the other options the 6600 offers. Very happy so far.

Ok - I loved all of your advice - I knew that I was going to buy something and for reasons regarding the dealers in my area and finances I purchased a Pfaff quilt expressions 2.0 for under $1,000 and am able to trade up within a year. Once again, thanks!

I have one...and i am soooo in love with it....the only affair dh allows me to have!! :)

I have the 6600 and love it! For all of you that have it or the 6500, there is a Yahoo group just for owners of these machines.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Janome6500/

You have to join the group. I set my preferences to web-based only so that I don't get the daily emails or whatever. There is a lot of information, suggestions and help in this group. I know I have just barely touched the possibilities on my machine, but I keep learning!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2