Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought a book, and the rulers.  Where are they? >

I bought a book, and the rulers. Where are they?

I bought a book, and the rulers. Where are they?

Old 08-20-2011, 05:27 PM

Did you try looking in a different room? Maybe you remember putting it in a room...just not your sewing room?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 PM

They're probably with some of my stuff :) Spent a lot of time the other day rolling around my room looking for the piece I was working on. Finally found it on the back of my rolling chair!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 PM

clear your mind and retrace your bringing it in toyour sewing room,today I could'nt find my car keys and my DH and I turned the place upside down,so I have to borrow his ,i had a 10 o'clock appointment, when I got back I retraced the last time I had them, I remembered I put a set of keys on the key rack when I should have put other key ther ,Inever putmy main set of keys on the key reck.Hope you find your book and rulers..

d. swindle
Old 08-20-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieF
since it's a book and rulers....it'd flat so make sure you look between your fabric sitting on your sewing table....I do this all the time.
I did this yesterday and many times before. I have stacks of patterns and fabric and what have you stacked all over my sewing room. Somehow my new purchases end up at the bottom of one of these piles. Don't know why !!!
You will find it when you give up and start something else. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Not exactly the same, but had to find some files today and had to go into 3 files cabinets to find them
Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Hello, Bella!
Appeared your accessory?
Sure you were the goblins!
You should take a glass and place it face down while saying: "Goblins ... you in this glass prison until my rule!" Just once you see your lost object ... can release the goblin turning your glass! (Insurance will soon ... they are free beings, mischievous .. but do not like being locked up!)
Works for me! :thumbup:
Hahaha!
A big hug for you! :D
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 PM

Ah, the gremlins have moved into your place! So glad they left here!!! :-) Always spend way too much time looking for things I know I put "right there!"
Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 PM

I swear my folks house has a gremlin that likes to move things. I was down in the basement one day to get a bag of sugar. I know where it is, it's always in the same place. It wasn't there!! Frustrated, I turn around and walk out of that side of the basement and say, "PUT IT BACK!!"

Walk back into the room, there it is, where it should be!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's not a little package. I cannot find it anywhere. I remember putting the book and rulers in the bag and putting it in my sewing room. I have looked all morning for it.. :? This makes me feel so stumped and at a loss to how in the world did it just disappear. No one has been in the sewing room but me in weeks. I was all set to start making the pattern, I guess I will be deep cleaning my sewing room instead. :-(
Go back to your car and look in it. Also check the garbage, maybe someone (???i) threw it away.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
It's not a little package. I cannot find it anywhere. I remember putting the book and rulers in the bag and putting it in my sewing room. I have looked all morning for it.. :? This makes me feel so stumped and at a loss to how in the world did it just disappear. No one has been in the sewing room but me in weeks. I was all set to start making the pattern, I guess I will be deep cleaning my sewing room instead. :-(
Deep cleaning...isn't that illegal??? :-)
Totally illegal I cringe and shudder at what the penalty would be for such an act