Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't believe I'm such an idiot! >

I can't believe I'm such an idiot!

I can't believe I'm such an idiot!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
Further confirmation that I'm a ditz -- it is right, it was just the way I had the top turned that made it looked wrong -- sheesh!!!
You are not a ditz---you just made me feel right at home. :lol:
Old 10-06-2011, 03:12 PM

I made a strip quilt with black sashing and red corner stones. Many of the corner stones overlap and that bothered me. I decided to remove the corner stones and use all black sashing. It took me over two hours to undo one row of sashing and corner stones. I also undid some of the seams in the process. I decided that the sashing and corner stones are going back, overlapped or now. I hope they won't show when the quilt is guilted.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:28 PM

I feel your pain. For every stitch I made this week, I ripped out 2. I can't tell you how many times I put pieces together backwards.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 PM

When I made my underground rr quilt, I put the flying geese going in. Everyone said I had it wrong, turns I had it right. But it took me five trys to get the block the correct size and then only because I paper pieced it. I still have all those odd sized ones.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM
mac

I'm a ditz and proud of it! :-D

Sometimes if it wasn't for the ditzy things that I do, I would not get anything done.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM

When I need stitches picked out, whether straight sewing or quilting, I just give it to my husband and he can sit for hours picking out stitches.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt
laughing...I've done things like that. In my own opinion, it makes the quilt a one-of-a-kind. I have one block in my Underground RailRoad that has the geese flying out of the block. I wondered if I should make a new block and replace the messed up one and then I decided no...that makes the quilt special. Everytime I look at that quilt I laugh. I say you should keep it or give it away (whatever makes you happy) and view the upside down quilting design as unique. :lol:
Didn't know that the geese had to fly in a certain direction---OOPS!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:33 AM

I did a Barrister's block quilt and put one part of the block the wrong way...it hangs on my quilting room wall and everybody comments on how difficult a block it looks to be and how pretty the quilt is...and never notices the screwed up block!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 PM

I can't help but remember the last quilt show I attended. I came upon a darling Sunbonnet Sue quilt, very original and as I looked closer to discover how the artist had done some things I noticed a block was backwards.

The judges had awarded second place - so they never noticed! Sometimes the mistakes that seem so glaring and are so terribly obvious to us aren't even noticed by others.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Digitizingqueen
I had to rip out a partial row of long arming because my machien went crazy and the tension was off badly - I did my best lining up the design again but it wanst perfect - It was a charity quilt well I showed it to the lady who was taking them and she laughed and said first of all I wouldnt have noticed if you hadnt pointed it out and the people who get them will never notice - consider it a design element :-)
exactly what I was thinking, the lady is absolutly correct!!!!