Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I couldn't be the only one >

I couldn't be the only one

I couldn't be the only one

Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 AM

So, I stopped in at a local shop Tuesday - - Chain Stitchery, a business that does embroidery for letterman jackets, etc.
I took one look at the counter and listened to the owner talking on the phone before getting a chance to check on the order I went in to see.
My order wasn't ready, no big deal, but another phone call came in and I told her "I want to talk to you when you get done with that call."
The scariest words to my friends - - I want to talk <g>
anyway, I told her that when she got done with the Christmas rush, it might be a good idea for her to have me come in and be trained to help her ...
"Do you sew?"
well, as a matter of fact <g> and, I think I just talked myself into a job!
If I learn nothing more than how to use an embroidery machine and help a friend get through holiday rushes ... it will be a good thing.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by bugsmom
This whole "work" thing is getting in the way of my sewing! You get a job and they expect you to come back EVERYDAY! Hello.....I have quilting on my mind I can't be productive in the finance department. 6 years of college and all I can think about at work is pretty fabrics........so sad
Me too! I have even been known to shop online while balancing a spreadsheet...shhhhh!
Hugs
April
Old 12-10-2009, 07:26 AM

Keep working. The fabric stores rely on you.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by amma
In a perfect world we would get to quilt whenever we wanted :D:D:D

That's what I'm talkin' about! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I want to be able to quilt when the mood strikes and if it happens to be at work (or before I even go), then I should be able to just get to it and do the work thing as sporadically as I'm currently quilting.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by omak
So, I stopped in at a local shop Tuesday - - Chain Stitchery, a business that does embroidery for letterman jackets, etc.
I took one look at the counter and listened to the owner talking on the phone before getting a chance to check on the order I went in to see.
My order wasn't ready, no big deal, but another phone call came in and I told her "I want to talk to you when you get done with that call."
anyway, I told her that when she got done with the Christmas rush, it might be a good idea for her to have me come in and be trained to help her ...
"Do you sew?"
If I learn nothing more than how to use an embroidery machine and help a friend get through holiday rushes ... it will be a good thing.
She will be lucky to have you Omak. Have her open a shop where I live and I'll work for her too.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:44 AM

Amma: This has nothing to do with this post. BUT... I keep seeing your name and am amused. My grandkids call me
Am'ma: first grandchild couldn't say "grandma" and it ended up "Am'ma" and I've never heard it used anywhere but here. Is this your name or a nickname...where did it come from?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
[
She will be lucky to have you Omak. Have her open a shop where I live and I'll work for her too.
You and I are going to have to talk! LOL
We still have those jeans to work on ... but, let's do Christmas first, eh? <g>
Old 12-10-2009, 11:32 AM

I wonder somedays when I am sitting at this desk in the office. Maybe I should just quit today, and go home and just play with my fabrics. :-P That would be so totally awesome to be able to afford it. Dreaming of quilting again :idea: :roll:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Just a thought.
When I didn't have any demands on me, it was pretty amazing the things I couldn't find to do.
Housekeeping is not the main drive in my system, but when I had to take time from playing to nurse the baby ... I could see a TON of things that had to be done.
As long as I had to sit down and look at it, because I couldn't actually do it, I spent all my time with baby thinking of all the things I COULD be doing.
But, once baby was fed, dry, and happy ... I never did any of those things ... well, I did some of them, but for the most part, the only time I wanted to do certain things was when I couldn't do them.
It is the same with anything we want to do ... when we have the time, we dink around doing all sorts of things that have nothing to do with what we thought we would do if "we could just go home" ...
it must be a human thing ... but, we cattle people see it in the pasture - - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you get to the other side of the fence, and then that silly cow figures out ... "Hey! I want over there!"
Hang in there, quilters! You will have time ... the ticket is to enjoy your moments leading toward your goal - - since none of our projects will get done if we aren't employed, eh?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
"Do you sew?"
Alright!!! :thumbup: This sounds like a wonderful plan :D:D:D