Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Counted My UFO's >

I Counted My UFO's

I Counted My UFO's

Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Now I don't feel so bad, tho to be honest, I don't really let it bother me. I also will not count, & have many that span the last 30 years. I've gone thru various stages of absolutely no quilting, to quilting like a fiend depending on what's going on in my life. Since my DH died two yrs ago, I really haven't spent much time in my quilt room tho it would probably be the best therapy for me. I've actually carried one of my hand quilting projects (one of the 4 Xmas quilts like my avatar) w/me this year as I spent a couple months w/my Mom after my Dad died in late December. My arthritis is getting so bad in my thumb it is going to be awhile before I actually complete these last two tho. Course now my next projects will be come w/memory quilts for my Mom & Sister from the 125 neckties I brought home w/me. I will have to count next month as I pack up my studio for a move from AZ to CA so maybe I'll let ya know then... Most of this year will be spent organizing a new studio space and getting back into the swing of official retirement quilting. Then to find a new local guild so I can get back into practicing my long arming on donation quilts...

Last edited by auntjo; 03-08-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
...and that was your first mistake, you counted! No, I will not repeat your mistake and count mine.
Don't ask--Don't tell!!! I love making tops and am so bad at quilting I have decided to use fleece for the backing-I can then birth them and tie them. And give them away.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Not sure how many I have, but I do try to work on one UFO while working on a new project. I like to do scrappy quilts, so I have several of them going at the same time. I fell in love with an owl project on fatcatspatterns.com and have the first two set up and ready for stitching down - they did theirs by machine, but mine is going to be a hand project - does that count as a UFO if it is ongoing?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:12 PM

I think around fifteen, but i'm not going to do an actual count.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM

I think I would have 7 or 8 in various stages. Some where just the fabric is cut, some where the blocks are finished but not assembled, I have 4 pinned ones (1 nearly finished quilting) and I had made a resolution beginning of 2013 to finish most of my UFOS this year before starting new project. Don't think I find it easy.... Soooo many ideas and lovely quilts I see on the board of which I think "ohhh this one is one I would like to try!!!" then we just had a lady come around to our group to show us the kaleidoscope. Of course the triangles are cut out and I'm itching to start but will try to control myself.....
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Usually I don't really have any ufo's. But I got into a start and not finish them last fall so I am trying to get caught up. At the end of the year I had 12 that had been started. Since the beginning of the year I have finished 8 and done 1 new quilt from start to finish. I have 1 more that also jumped to the front of the line that I hope to finish by the end of the weekend and another UFO that just needs simple quilting and the binding done. So then I will be down to three. The only problem will be where did 2 of the 3 get put? I also have several charity quilt tops I want to make but I have not even started cutting them out yet but i have what I need. I hope to find my other 2 UFO's before I get too involved in the new projects. I hope to not get too far ahead of myself that I have that many projects to be finished at one time.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:18 PM

I have only been quilting again for 2 years now, and I swore I would never start a project until I finished the last. So far so good, except I did have one cut and then had to make a baby quilt ahead of it, but I went back to it afterwards. I sewed for years and tossed too many unfinished projects to want to do that again.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 PM

I have three quilts, two are ready to layer and one is just on the board and i am putting sashing on now and then a piano boarder. I have one at the Long Arm and the binding and label are waiting.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

i have 6 im working on inbetween making baby quilts for charity days arent long enough
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Oh wow! A few of these #'s are, WAY UP THERE!
Doesn't make my 8-10 seem so over whelming LOL

Thanks for sharing with us!