Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by kpelletier83
To quiltwiz.....Would love to see the one you get so many compliments on. I have been trying different ones but haven't gotten the right combination yet. The last one I made looks good but gets all wonky when I load it up. Arrrrgh!
Use a stronger stabilizer backing for a firmer purse.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:48 AM

The smaller my purse the better, I carry a 'lil jeans purse that has a place for everything.
The bigger the purse the more my things seem to get lost.

Gr daus like them, so want to try and make some, some day.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Bow Tucks are the new cabbage patch kids lol...different strokes folks lol....
Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 PM

There are many ways to express yourself including making bags. It is another way to show your sewing talents. Bow tuck bags are easy to make,have many side pockets inside for organization, making them like the highly expensive Vera Bradley bags. Yes there are many bag patterns out there bow tuck bags is just another one. I love to make quilts and also make a wide variety of bags, it's something else to do when a big project is not what in the works. I am making 7 different bags right now that people are paying me for just in time for Christmas.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM

I first heard about them here on the board and saw some posted pics. They look nice and I've read how handy they are as totes for class items. I can understand why people that like to have a bag or purse co-ordinate with their outfits would like them since they are easy to make, and look nice.
But I have so many tote bags some free that I use those and I generally don't switch my purse day to day, and I really want one that has a zipper closure for at least where I have wallet etc. for security. So I'm not sure I'll ever make one either but they are nice for those that do want them.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM

Me again...just a side note. Seems the older I get the bigger purse I need. My DH picked up my biggest purse (it just happened to be a Vera Bradley I got new on e-bay for $5.00) and after muttering something about a hernis asked if I had a complete change of clothes in it. Well, not exactly but way in the bottom I do have a zip lock baggie with a pair of footies, a change of undies, a travel size packet of baby wipes and a couple of panty liners! Then there's the eyeglass case and cleaner, the zip lock bag with tea bags and sugar packets, a calculator, hand lotion, blah, blah, blah...So little purse are not on my list.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM

It is the creative use of our fabrics that makes each purse special!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM

How about you show us some of your "Bow Tack" bags. I don't understand the analogy, let alone the method.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
How about you show us some of your "Bow Tack" bags. I don't understand the analogy, let alone the method.
Do a search here for them. You'll find a gazillion threads and photos.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
That's what makes this board so wonderful. We all like or dislike different things. I have the bow tuck pattern but have not made one yet. Showed it to my adult daughters and both just loved it and wants one made. I think it is a personal choice. There are some designs of quilts that I dont care for. But wouldnt it be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing and we all made exactly the same item?
It'a all a matter of taste. I love mine and have had many nice complents on it. One gal wanted to buy it! But, that being said, there a lot of other purses shown here. If your not a purse person you can ignore those posts. That's what's so great about this board. There's a lot of everything here for everybody.