Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine >

I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine

I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine

Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM

Ohhh the quilt in your avatar is stunning
Originally Posted by kwilter11
I have a Husq Designer Diamond and love it. I wanted the biggest hoops I could get. I love Jenny Haskins designs, and my Janome did not like them. The Diamond stitches them out great.

I was in a class where there were three Pfaff Creative Visions and all three of them had problems.

I think the main consideration, especially if you've never had an embroidery machine before, is to make sure you have a really good dealer close by who has embroidery classes. You will learn so much more with classes than on your own.

LeAnne
Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 AM

When I traded up, I always kept my old machine as my sewing machine. If I had to switch out my embroidery module all the time, I'd never get anything done. Probably should have bought a stand-alone, but I wasn't that smart. :)
Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 AM

I love my Babylock! If you have a QS near you that sells machines I would go over and try them out. Also check online as to what features each Brand has in the price range you are looking for.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 AM

If I had my dream choice it would either be the Brother Quatro 6000D or the Babylock Ellisimo. The only difference is the brother has disney designs, and babylock has nancy ziemen designs, So I would have to look at which design I would use most and choose from there. I haven't seen anybody disappointed with their brother or babylock embroidery machines, don't know how the accessories are cost wise versus other brands, but I would take this into consideration as well because it is an expensive hobby, while a lot of people love bernina I find them too high priced for my blood including their accessories
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 AM

I have the Janome 11000 and love it!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 AM

I have the Janome 11000 and love it!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 AM

It was recommended to me to stick with the same product line so that I don't have to buy new feet, I can use the ones I have. I have the Bernina Artista 635 (special edition) and I love it, this machine sews like a dream. I am in the process of purchasing another Bernina to take with me to classes so that I don't have to take my Artista ( it is on the heavy side, plus every time you move it you run the risk of damage).
I can say that I am heavily invested in sewing feet, each one performs a specific task beautifully... the proper tools can make all the difference in the world.
imho!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:33 AM

I love Brother machines, but I have a 1250D, and I don't know if I use it to much or there is a defect in the machine, but I am having so much trouble with it, and it's less than 4 months old. I would buy another Brother machine, but not necessarily this model. I need to start looking for another one that can do the 6-8 hours of embroidery I do for the items I sell.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 AM

The best thing to do is to try all the different machines yourself, find one you like and get a dealer that you trust and like. Everyone has their own opinion on what is best!!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 AM

Plan on spending lots of time in a sewing machine shop, have the salesperson go through all the different machines, and you will find the machine you will be happy with. I