Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine >

I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine

I finally have the money for a new embroidery sewing machine

Old 06-25-2011, 04:36 PM

I have a designer se viking machine and I love it! I'm able to do all my quilting using the embroidery unit and I have done king size down to baby quilts. I highly recommend it!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by peggy463
So that means I need advice and NOT from a dealer. I need advice from the experts, you the quilters those of you who use the embroidery machines. I currently have a husqvarna and I love it, but I also like the Bernina, and pfaff. I just don't want to drop all that money on a sewing machine and not get some feed back from you all. I tried to google "most purchased/re-purchased embroidery sewing machine by quilters" but nothing came up. I even tried to look for performance and feature ratings, but still nothing. The dealers all tell you theirs is the best and why.
Appreciate all your in put
peggy
Peggy I have a babylock esante 2 and love it! Also have a Babylock Elegante blg can upgrade it but am happy with the way it is ,,, my esante 2 had for 16 yrs and elgante for 4 yrs and all I can say it love them both,, the elegante I can leave the emboridery board on while regular sewing and fmq ,lateral sewing ect the lists can go on and on and it will tell u when thread is broken even on bobbine and self threader and cutter and even the designs u can use ur g-childrens to sign on screen and embroidery thiers names or whatever out u can get the gold pack warranty on them ,,, but it depend on what make u happy my dealer I have love them both u can test drive these machine and think it over before purchasing such expensive machine .. but I also love brother and what most doesn`t know babylock is brands of singer so test drive these machine and do what make you feel comfortable with and good luck on what you choose ..
Old 06-25-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm gonna watch this thread for the thin chance I will ever have the money for an embroidery machine!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:53 PM

I have a Babylock Elegante 2 and I love it.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:54 PM

I love my Bernina but I really like my Janome too.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM

This is my next purchased! Its a brother
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216799.jpe  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM

I have a Pfaff Creative Vision. Love, Love it. It does everything but cook suppeer. My last 3 machines have been Pfaff's. I keep wanting to upgrade. I don't think I could ever buy another brand. Of course our dealer is the best and she has a great repair man. The kind of service and lessons are something to consider when you buy a machine. If they aren't gonna teach you about the machine then they shouldn't sell them.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM

I bought a Bernina Artista 180 several years ago and I guess it was a total lemon. The first year I had it, it was in the shop more than I had it, including a trip back to the factory. I have been told there is nothing wrong with it and everything is adjusted right, but it still won't embroider without messing up. When I try to sew with it, it sounds like the bobbin case is coming out the side, but again "there's nothing wrong with it." I don't think I will ever buy another Bernina.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Bernina,can't say any more!!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:50 PM

I just purchased the BabyLock Ellisimo a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it! As a matter of fact, I just now came home from an embroidery class where we learned to embroidered jeans. It was soooo much fun. The pic below is of peacock feathers going up one side of the leg. Did I say I LOVE the Ellisimo? (I still have the basting to take out around the design).
Attached Thumbnails attachment-216809.jpe