Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I got so much done today! >

I got so much done today!

I got so much done today!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 AM

It doesn't have handles on it, so I can't use it from the front. It's very heavy (aren't they all?). I probably need to clean my tracks out, but it rides pretty smooth. And my floors are most definitely NOT level!

If I could use it from the front, I think I'd like it a whole lot more. But it took me 2 hours to put the quilt on it, so I'm very tempted to get Red Snappers or something similar. For a small quilt (48 inches or less), I have a home-made version of them made of dowels. Found out the hard way it doesn't work on anything larger than the dowel! I also don't have anything for side tension (although I am going to get that taken care of today!!).

Driving from the back, I don't like being able to not see the quilt. Changing the bobbin, needle, etc is a pain. Threading the needle is an exercise in patience....

There's nothing wrong with the model I have (insert complaints about no handle bars here!!). I got an excellent deal on it, it's just not for me. I would LOVE to be able to use this bad boy as a table top machine and sell the frame. The cats love it!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I considered that. I might order some, but I haven't been near a store that carries it in a while! I'm trying to save my money (it all went into that quilt frame/machine!!!) and so I just used some serger thread. I don't think I'll mind too terribly cutting the threads, as long as they don't tangle up while I'm quilting. That's what I'm worried about! I did pretty good getting good, big stitches in rows about every 2-3 inches.
I've tried a couple of brands, and Superior worked best. I bought mine at a quilt show, but you can also buy it online. I don't think it's sold in stores.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Thank you for the info!!

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I've tried a couple of brands, and Superior worked best. I bought mine at a quilt show, but you can also buy it online. I don't think it's sold in stores.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:43 AM

Wow, I love that dragonfly quilt, so pretty!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 AM

Glide is also a great quilting thread and reasonably price.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:50 AM

golly, at 8:30 I was still in dreamville. When finished please post photo of dragon fly quilt
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 AM

Finish? You're supposed to finish them??!

Originally Posted by ellifour View Post
golly, at 8:30 I was still in dreamville. When finished please post photo of dragon fly quilt
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM

I love machine quilting, because I don't have to baste it. The rollers stretch the fabric out straight and hold it taut while you quilt! I love it, but don't have one now. Wish I did. My mother had one and I quilted on it for her. She is gone now, and the quilting frame and machine were sold before she died. Just hang in there and you will get to love it!