Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I hate to be a curmudgeon but..... >
  • I hate to be a curmudgeon but.....

• I hate to be a curmudgeon but.....

Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 AM

So!!!!! I like to read that other people think the same as you. Besides The board requires you to post so many time in 2 week period that you need to respond to keep reqular status!
    Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM

There is a reply button and a quote reply button.When the quote reply button is used doesn't that mean you are commenting to the person that posted that comment? If so then it becomes a conversation and changes just like a person to person conversation.
    Old 02-17-2011, 06:30 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
    There is a reply button and a quote reply button.When the quote reply button is used doesn't that mean you are commenting to the person that posted that comment? If so then it becomes a conversation and changes just like a person to person conversation.
    Yes..actually part of what my original comment was about..some answers do not address the original post..they are comments about someone else's post and when "quote reply" is not used, it is hard to know what is being said.
    Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by qwkslver
    Isn't the thread really ABOUT the first post? Sometimes the responses meander a bit. I reply to the first poster's comments. I don't have time to read the entire threads.
    Sew...what are we talking about?? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    David
    Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 AM

I'm guilty as charged BUT I posted a question about hand piecing recently ... asking how people did a certain thing ... and only got a few answers. It would have been okay with me to see other chime in to say me too because I was looking for how did people do it. Just because I got a couple of answers didn't mean that I wouldn't have liked to see how the majority of people did it ... but that's just me.

Susan
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 AM

You know I have enough things in my life that I have to watch for and be careful of and make sure every t is crossed and every eye is dotted, I come here to share and enjoy the many talented people on this board who just being able to show thier work and share their opinions with others who enjoy this hobby. And for some this is the only way they have to talk to other ladies and gentlemen and to
    see what others are doing. So if you just have a few minutes and want to share I don't care if you just read the first line I am glad you are here.JMO
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by SherryLea
    You know I have enough things in my life that I have to watch for and be careful of and make sure every t is crossed and every eye is dotted, I come here to share and enjoy the many talented people on this board who just being able to show thier work and share their opinions with others who enjoy this hobby. And for some this is the only way they have to talk to other ladies and gentlemen and to
    see what others are doing. So if you just have a few minutes and want to share I don't care if you just read the first line I am glad you are here.JMO
    WELL SAID!!
    Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Curmudgeon....Synonyms: bear, bellyacher, complainer, crab, crank, croaker, crosspatch, grouch, fusser, griper, grouser, growler, grumbler, grump, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss, whiner

Guess that is me...LOL..thanks for all your input...next time I will post a less controversial topic!!
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 AM

Hey folks, I love this board anyway it comes to me. I enjoy many answers to one question, that way I can chose the one I like, etc. As for the many opions, I love that too. This board has really been enjoyment for me and seems to be part of my family. I check in a couple or three times a day for new ideas, etc., and at night I relax and chat on the live chat. Love it..........Be Happy!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary
    Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM

This may have already been posted but I don't have time to read the entire 6 pages (LOL!). On another group I'm in it may show that 25 people have commented on my post but 300 people have looked at it. I guess it more hurts my feelings for people to look at my post and not bother to say anything (like "I like it or Love the colors")). I'd much rather hear the same thing over and over instead of not hearing anything at all. Just my 2 cents.