Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate it when... >

I hate it when...

I hate it when...

Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by kacie
Originally Posted by mkanderson
Ok Now I hate this!!!! :evil: I have not done THIS before! :lol: And I hope no one else has either! :!: :!: :!:
(leave it to me to do things that no one else even “thinks” about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:

I was pinning on the scraps for my Crazy Quilt to the batting using the thin, flat headed pins! OK, they lay real straight and flat…one flat head was almost the same color as the material. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Now can you guess what I DID!!??!! :!: :?: :!:

Yep……… bet you guessed right!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I sewed right THRU the tip top of the flat pin head! Now you all try to beat that one if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Mary
Umm, I sewed through my thumb once. I hated that. I was more upset about the blood on the fabric than by how much it hurt. Sure felt stupid, especially when I had to explain to the machine repairman.
i almost peed reading that one. when i was a teenager, i sewed right through my right-hand pointer finger. i unscrewed the needle, got a neighbor to take me to the local emergency room and when the doctor threw the needle away, i took it back because it was my last one and i had to finish what i started. since i was in a hospital anyway, the doctor wanted to have me committed.
You win the prize! You may not have known it then, but you were already adicted!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM

AaaaRRrrrrrrrrrrrGgggggggggg! This is what happened today. I turned off my computer Pfaff to have lunch. When I turned it back on, the only thing that lit up was the light. I checked EVERYTHING and even cleaned it. NOTHING. Took it to Pfaff dealer. It's 9 years old, but there are still computer boards available. They'll call me with the estimate. I suspect I'll be buying a new machine, which is not really a bad thing. The bad part? I literally had only inches left to machine quilt on the 2nd of the 2 baby quilts I've been whining about for the last month. Now I'll have to finish with hand quilting and serge on the binding. At least my serger is still working - unless I just jinxed it.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:25 PM

I hate in when I pick a pattern that is "fast & easy" and everything possible goes wrong.
Cut finger, blood on fabric, machine isn't working properly and you have to get it fixed, finally get going....almost done....out of thread. I am starting to really not like this quilt and want to throw it out the window. It has now been sitting for 5 days. I am going to finish that thing, I really am.

I love it when my hubby says "would you like to go to Joanne's and out to dinner"? But, I really hate it when he comes in to "help"!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
When I turn a block around so fabric is going the wrong way and I never notice it until the quilt is all finished. Like the Asian quilt I just posted. So maddening!
I did this for my nephew's wedding quilt. However, it was a signature quilt so I put my signature there, and voila! it was like I did it to have my signature stand out!!

I hate when I forget to put the foot down when machine quilting. I have done that so many times, I now recognize the sound. My sister also got a gizmo that has a blinking light--still I have had to rip when I didn't pay attention to the light--just not such a big area.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM

I pin an entire quilt and then realize I put the backing fabric on inside out.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 AM

I would have cried or at least screamed a little.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 AM

I go for the bobbin thing. Why can't they design a sewing machine where the bottom thread is fed from a spool like in a serger? I hate having to change bobbins in the middle of a row or project!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 AM

:x DITTO :x ...when I'm sewing along and realize I ran out of bobbin thread 48' ago (after I've pulled out all the pins - because you're not *supposed* to sew over pins). Sew you pull out the quilt. Repin. Wind the bobbin, and pick up where you left off.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 AM

...when I have my didningroom torn apart to have a large place to design & lay out a watercolor piano quilt on our floor, and ya have a zillion 2" squares. I had been working on it for weeks flipping and turning, fussy cutting and I am nearly satisfied with all my efforts. And I tell my husband I am burning up and like the sweetheart he is he slides open the deck door adjasent to the diningroom and like New Year's day all those little 2" squares flutter all in a swirl from the freaking wind rushing in the door. He felt horrible and I was cooled off by the wind...LOL . Not then and not now! Well maybe a little giggle.

Has that ever happened to anyone?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 AM

Never had it happen, but I can imagine! I did a water color wall hanging for my mom's 44th anniversy of her 21st birthday, so I can just see those little pieces flying about! An once you've gotten them EXACTLY where you want them! Is he still breathing?! Just kidding! :twisted: