Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have the acuquilt 9" block set. Could I use this to modify the last BH mystrey?

I have the acuquilt 9" block set. Could I use this to modify the last BH mystrey?

I love the quilt pattern but would like to use my acuquilt to cut all the pieces. This will be delayed though, because of a huge project I'm currently working on. Also would doing this cause any discord with the copyrights of the mystery? Don't want to do anything unethical.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Blog Entries
    There is no problem with copyright using an Accuquilt to cut the pieces. Is this the quilt?
    https://quiltville.blogspot.ca/p/on-...e-mystery.html

I have no idea if the 9" accuquilt block set has the right size pieces in it for this quilt, but maybe someone else will know.

I don't know what the 9" accuquilt set has, but if you asked in the " On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt thread I'm sure someone can help you. I think a couple of ladies used there accuquilt cutters.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Hey Rhonda, I also have the 9 block set and was not able to use it for the mystery because the dies cut pieces that are too big. I think the folks who used dies from one of the block sets were using ones from the 6 inch block set.

Even though the blocks for the BH mystery are 9 and 1/2 unfinished there are A lot of pieces in each block which is why the dies from the 9 inch set ended up being too big.

Someone did post the die numbers for the dies they used on the thread here on the board- if you go to that thread you should be able to find the info.

OTOH- if you are looking to enlarge the blocks, then I think there are a couple of dies in the 9 set that could be used.

Also, my understanding is that there is one piece in the quilt that has to be cut by hand because there is not a die available that will cut that shape in the correct size.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rhonda, I was thinking the same thing but enlarging to the 12" size since that's the size of the Qube I have. Like Rob said, the block has so many pieces that you actually need dies from 6" Qube plus some others. And I don't think you can cut the larger pieces of the setting/border with your dies. I gave up cause I basically was doing it to improve my piecing game and now am just developing my own block to use.