Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have to ask.........what are you working on? >

I have to ask.........what are you working on?

I have to ask.........what are you working on?

Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM

I have 9 quilted stockings done by tomorrow for a senior citizen program my daughter is involved in through work..She and other employees made lots of little crafts for the seniors.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM

It is December 1st and I am done with my Christmas sewing!!! Finished the last placemat tonight! Have gone over my list about a dozen times and yep! it's done! LOL Can't believe it! So the rest of this month I can play, work on UFO's, start something new, whatever I want. But first I must clean up my sewing room, it looks like a bomb went off in there LOL It's so bad I don't think even the dust bunnies want to chance it! Hope it rains tomorow, won't feel guilty about playing with fabric, picking up pins, cleaning machines, rearanging cabnets, ect.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Power Poster

Binding a quilt I have been working on for a while for my son. It is a Miami Dolpine theme. Has been quite a challange for me as I am not very fond of the colors but is really has turned out OK. Still have a lot of projects left for Christmas so will be happy just sewing away!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM

I am working on a square dance quilt which I have designed. Do t know if it willwork
Also spicy spial table runner, folded dalihia , round table topper japenese puzzle. I don't do
Christmas . These will keep me going over the holiday period when no quilt shops open.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:13 AM

I'm working on the final month of a 6-month BOM, Vintage Rouge by Vickie Bellino of Bloom Creek by Marcus. I'm nearly finished with the English paper-pieced flowers, then have to piece the backgrounds for the applique border, do the applique and then put the whole top together. This may take longer than a month!

http://www.bloomcreek.com/store/prod...s/?product=187
Old 12-02-2012, 05:11 AM

I have finished three ohio star christmas tree skirts, a santa door hanging, a snowman table topper and snowflake placemats and delivered two of the skirts, door hanging and table runner and placemats to my sisters for Christmas gifts. I am now working on the "Therapy in Session" as a wall hanging, quilting it and putting the strips on it for hanging. Would love to see other folks who have done this panel and how they turned out. I did mine with 1 1/2 inch strips cut 6" square and turned horizontal and vertical. After that is done I think I'll be getting the house in shape for Christmas.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Binding a quilt I have been working on for a while for my son. It is a Miami Dolpine theme. Has been quite a challange for me as I am not very fond of the colors but is really has turned out OK. Still have a lot of projects left for Christmas so will be happy just sewing away!!!!!!
I know exactly what you mean!! I'm binding a quilt for a little boy that has a Cars theme. It's cute, but the fabrics are dark and busy and the quilting doesn't show up as well as i would have though. I like the quilting to show!! LOL!!! BUT - the little boy will think it's really cool on Christmas morning when he opens it up! (and that is the main thing)
Old 12-02-2012, 05:29 AM

I am working on a quilt for my sister. I started with a baby quilt, then did a lap size, now this one is my biggest yet - a twin size. It is primarily grey, yellow and white with a few bicycle prints. She will be very surprised, as I have not told her that I am sewing again, or that I've taken up quilts. Think I'll keep it a secret until she opens it up. Fun!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM

I've started a table runner for January. I selected a red color for the child's hat and mittens. It looks like Santa Claus. I must have been thinking "Christmas". I think I will start again.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 AM

I have to get the binding on 3 lap quilts, and a large Deer wall hanging before the 22nd. Iam machine quilting a lap quilt for a nursing home that has to be there by the 18th, and I still have to make a twin size rag quilt, flannel, before the 25th. Guess I should get off of here and head for my sewing room huh!!