Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to ask.........what are you working on?

Blog Entries
    I am new to this site and a new quilter (August of this year). I am wondering if anyone knows how I could incorporate a picture of my grandchildren into a quilt. If so, so you have an idea for the quilt itself...have you made one before using pictures. I have used inkjet printable fabric for labels but they seem a little thin for the center of a quilt. Thank you, and i apologize if this isn't where I was supposed to post my question. Have a good day!

I'm just barely beginning on Christmas. i work best on a deadline. Finished an eye spy top (charity) this morning and then started on a rag quilt for SIL. Got 8 of 48 squares fmq'ed. Washed fabric for Christmas placemats and napkins.

Finished up my Christmas embroidery projects today, still have 1 quilt top to finish and 7 to quilt and bind, most are just twin size so I should get it all done!!!!

I want to make pillows for the local animal shelter, but having trouble sewing through layers of plush fleece. The material is so soft and I thought the animals would love it.

i did some fmq with metallic thread on the snowman table running i am making for my ex-mother in law.

it's okay. not awesome.

i like bed quilts. this other stuff is meh.

aileen

Just finished quilting a lap quilt on my TL for a friend. Need to finish quilting a baby quilt on my 820 and am also piecing a red & white zig zag quilts (which I'll donate to QFK)

SewingLadyDI

I'm working on a jar quilt and am getting carried away. It was intended to be very simple with 12" blocks, and I did pears and oranges and apples, but then I found olives and onions and green bean fabric, so I branched out. Then for some reason I decided to add a 3-dimensional basket of onions and I've spent the day stuffing onions at my dining table. That lead me to think about adding real stuffed onions to our christmas dinner menu. Apparently I'm easily distracted.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Yesterday the 1st, I sewed the rest of the binding onto another Illusion quilt and cut strips for another quillt . Today I sewed a few blocks together. The sizes are not right, so I will change to a different quilt pattern. Made up by me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Working on a baby quilt for a 6 week premature baby. Hoping to finish all the applique' within the next day or so, then on to cutting the crazy patches for the quilt portion and getting them sewn on to the foundation. From there all the embroidery needs to be done and then I can sandwich the quilt and hand quilt it. Hoping to have this all done by the 21st, the last day of work before winter vacation since it is for our mechanic.

Rosie the Wyldwytch
    Grab a bull by the horns and enjoy the ride....

I am working on an appliqued and lightly quilted cushion for my Mother's bed (hopefully it will be her Christmas present)...also have to piece a back and finish a string quilt for my future DIL, and need to cover some coat-hangers as part of my Sister's Christmas gift.....must get organised and wash and fold several bags of recently gifted/bought fabric....the list is long...as usual.

By Dec. 6 (the Feast of St. Nicholas) I have to have two gingerbread men dresses done, one for my little GD and one for my almost GGD (almost a year old). And one green/red plaid dress. Got to send off a pinky purple Christmas stocking print dress to my step GGD in Ohio and some Christmas money to my other step GGD (money instead of dress-------she lives in the Bahamas). Finish up table topper for my "all but DIL" for St. Nicks. Deliver table topper and cute little church music box to my ex-MIL who's 98.

Several people are getting TASTEFULLY SIMPLE beer bread mixes for Christmas. Since I hate doing wrapping, I'm making shopping bags and casserole covers to "wrap" the bread mixes. I HATE WRAPPING PAPER.

Got a couple things to finish up for a silent auction Tuesday. And a dozen or so tissue covers for a gal that I helped make a quilt from her late father's shirts. (covers for her sisters!).

OH, and I want a sweat shirt jacket for myself. Got the yo-yos cut out but not stitched up.

and................................
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    I'm working on a jar quilt and am getting carried away. It was intended to be very simple with 12" blocks, and I did pears and oranges and apples, but then I found olives and onions and green bean fabric, so I branched out. Then for some reason I decided to add a 3-dimensional basket of onions and I've spent the day stuffing onions at my dining table. That lead me to think about adding real stuffed onions to our christmas dinner menu. Apparently I'm easily distracted.
    I'm thrilled that others get distracted, too!

Some where along the way I need to get back into the pool at the gym. I need a chlorine fix!
    U N T I E

And I need to do a few more Christmas mug rugs. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    U N T I E

DD#2 wants her own Christmas quilt. It's various stars, in various Christmas fabric with non-Christmas coordinates. I'm on the second block (she knows it's not going to be ready by Christmas, that's not a problem). We've had 3 rain storms in a row blow through here, and between not sleeping much last night while waiting for a) the cats to settle down and b) something big to fall through my ceiling, and c) power being out for several hours today, I haven't gotten much done today. I am remembering just how much I hate marking itsy bitsy pieces of material so my stinking corners will line up the way they're supposed to! Probably my least fave part of quilting, but it's OH so necessary to do it to have the thing look good when it's done. I took a several year hiatus while I finished school, (late student, yippee!) and forgot so much of what I know about quilting.

I got a big block done yesterday (something of a medallion idea) that I had to first decide what grid it was based on and then draft, and while it looks OK, several of the corners are not lined up the way they're SUPPOSED to be. Aggravating. Not badly enough to rip it out again, but it was silly to do the biggest block first, wasn't it?! Dang....

Onward and upward! I've also wasted a bunch of time reading things here, and have discovered the rolling on boards method of basting. I'm SO going to do that for this when it's finished. Reading these boards may not be speeding my quilt blocks through my machine (which is having it's own issues), but it's sure interesting and educational!

Melinda

I have so many projects waiting that I do not know where to start. Just finished a 10-minute runner for a party at the LQS; have fabric and pattern laid out for a bag for DIL; have fabrics for three large quilts; and have one in progress stored in the closet as it is applique and I have to be in just the right mood for that. I really do not need more projects/fabric; but, I went to the LQS Friday and bought more fabric... I am a fabricholic, I guess.

Working on these two right now. The red one needs a little more quilting in the final border and I'm still quilting the Tennessee Waltz.

Name:  Quilts for QB.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  388.4 KB

Name:  Quilts for KB.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  331.7 KB
    Mary B

Way too many things I am making 3 quilts for Christmas (my mother, my sister, my father & his wife). 1 is ready for binding. One is one the long arm. And one was just started today. Plus, I have 3 BOM projects under way, Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, and a Bear Paw quilt that I started on a retreat last month. Should be enough to keep me busy for a while.

These are the Christmas quilts. The green one is actually done and on my long arm now.
    Name:  PB020430.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  230.9 KB
    Name:  PB250481.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  185.5 KB
    Name:  PC020487.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  127.7 KB
    Last edited by kristakz; 12-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I'm working on a "Birds of a Feather" quilt for my 92 yr young FIL who's always cold these days. It's sort of scrappy & so far is coming out nice. I have 8 of the blocks done now. I plan to make it a lap size so he can easily carry it from room to room with him as he sleeps in his chair on the front porch during the day & there's a lot of windows & not much insulation out there, so I'm hoping this will keep him warm. I'm backing it with flannel.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I am working on 2 quilts. One is for our 12 year old granddaughter and is Alabama fabrics. The second quilt is for our 2 year old granddaughter. It is different pinks and browns and will hopefully have monkeys appliqued on it. A third granddaughter who is 11 just moved into a new home and has her very own bedroom for the first time. I made her a quilt last year but think I'll make her some new pillowcases and something else for her room if I can figure out what to make.

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    Alas, nothing. i fell and broke my ankle and wrist, so my plans have been interrupted!
    What a bummer! Take time to enjoy some holiday shows on TV in your down time.
    U N T I E

I have 4 more quilts to be quilted by Christmas. I have finished all of the tops from our parents clothing for my brothers since we have lost both of our parents in the past 4 years. ( mom to a massive heart attack in 2008 and dad to cancer October 2011) I may have to enlist help from a cousin to get them finished.
    Carol

I have a quilt in the rack - trying to finish quilting it is a challenge! I think I need a few weeks of a break - cause usually I'd have a hand quilted top completed in at least 3 weeks, including the binding. This quilt has been in the rack, slowly being worked on, for about 5 weeks...and it's just 1/2 way completed! I'm hoping to have it completed this week...I've set my goal FINALLY!

Blog Entries
    Working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Easy Street

I am quilting an XL Twin quilt for my nephew in his school colors (Texas A& M). Then I will be making a gift bag and seeing what else I can come up with for gifts!
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

I have a table for a craft fair this weekend that benefits my local high school's marching band. Of course I procrastinated and now I'm swamped with rag quilts, iPhone cases and table runners! Here's hoping I get enough done to sell on Saturday!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast