Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I have to ask.........what are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by normasews View Post
    I'm making some small scrappy patchwork items. Here is a coffee cozy I finished a couple of days ago. Need to finish some binding on a couple of pot holders.
    I love this cozy! Did you use a pattern?

I live in the small town of Lebanon oregon
    Blog Entries
    I have been binding, binding binding! Made quilts for Christmas! My fingers are tired, but it is so relaxing I find and it seems the hours just pass by! I can't wait until I am done with these then I have plans to start a quilt for myself! That never happens usually I give them away. Well happy sewing everyone.

Blog Entries
    I'm making myself a patchwork bow tuck bag using 4 of the Connecting Threads Rose Manor Fabrics. I've also got half the quilting done on the second mug rug I made for my December Secret Pal Swap partner. I only have to make a couple of wristlets for Christmas this year. I'm not making a whole lot of homemade gifts this year. We are doing a name drawing at work so I don't have to come up with 9 different gifts this year and I already made a table runner for that gift.

Name:  DSC01816.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  894.3 KBI am about to hand quilt this. I just put the beautiful batik backing on it last night. I am considering using multi colored thread. Haven't decided yet.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    I am making placemats from my scrap pile. Is it acceptable to give someone placemats using fabrics leftover from a quilt I made for them?
    Debbie Dresser

I think that would be great. I'd love having another item made from scraps from an original quilt.

After I finish a simple "Friendship Bag" for a friend, I'll be continuing on two "HOME OF THE BRAVE" quilts for the families of Ohio's fallen soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our guild has been involved in this project for several years and unfortunately, there is still a need!

By the end of those projects, I'll be working on finding my cutting table again! HAhahaa

Merry Christmas!

I have 3 in process. 2 scrappy and one made with 30's fabric in 9 patch

That is adorable! what a cute idea!

Quote Originally Posted by normasews View Post
    I'm making some small scrappy patchwork items. Here is a coffee cozy I finished a couple of days ago. Need to finish some binding on a couple of pot holders.

I make fleece blankets and scarves for our local angel tree for children. Have made about 40 scarves and and about 20 blankets of various sizes. People donate the fleece and I make them I have a friend who this year has helped me by doing the fringing. We do not tie the fringe. Finished it all up this weekend......Now to he flannel quilt I want to make my youngest son.

I'm working on two baby blankets for friends that are due soon, a couple purses for a friend (which are almost done I'm just procrastinating about picking up some more interfacing ), and trying to figure out the pattern instructions for a couple aprons for two of my sisters in law. Once I am done with that... I'm going to start attempting a bargello (eek) for my sister in law that just recently got married.

I was working on the king duvet for my DDIL but needed a break...so here I am envious of all of you for what you are getting done...except for the poor one who broke their wrist and ankle...so sorry!
    Linda

Power Poster
    I just finished orders for 4 Bow Tucks bags - I had made 12 for a craft fair in early Nov., came home with 4 so I was genuinely pleased they were a big hit. I also had quilted placemats and table runners, but only sold a few of those. In total I have sold 13 or 14 bags in addition to 2 bags as gifts. I had hoped the bags would do well, and they did, so I now have some nice "mad money" for whatever, but it goes quickly especially with 2 trips to JoAnn's and an order I hope to make on line. but it's been fun. I have 4 or 5 baby quilt tops done, need to sandwich and machine quilt those, plus I've started cutting out 6" squares for a twin size bed for my sister's GGD. My sister and I were supposed to make one for her first GGD, but I've had a great deal of difficulty making and finishing it and now there is another GGD. Since I've procrastinated this much, and since I still have some of the fabric left, I'll just add from my stash and it will be a surprise for my great-niece, if I ever finish. I've also made tissue holders to give out as small little presents, as the situation arises. My biggest "Roundtoit" project, will be a black/white quilt for next July's family reunion. My family has sent the fabric, now I have to figure out what quilt pattern to make, and I need to finish it in early spring so that my oldest niece can long-arm it on her new long-arm machine. Oh, I also have to finish the Craftsy BOM blocks, as I only have half of them finished. Other than that, I don't have much on my plate. LOL.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Hiya South --- working on 10 minute block and trying to get my points to come out decent !LOL Then its onto the jean rag quilt. LOL

OH I almost forgot-- Brie says HI PAW !! LOL
    Last edited by Caswews; 12-03-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    After actually finishing two mini quilts This past Saturday, I am now on a mini quilt- a- thon and have two in the planning stages. I'm am setting aside my long list of UFOs to play with some mini creations. UFOs will have to wait a little longer.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    Alas, nothing. i fell and broke my ankle and wrist, so my plans have been interrupted!
    So sorry to hear of your situation. May you heal fast and be up and sewing soon.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Just finished a baby quilt

I just finished a baby quilt with a fleece back for my girlfriends first grandchild. It was from a Missouri Quilt tutorial. I had lots of bright fabric to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just finished the top on a lemoyne star throw for my Granddaughter. Am also working on hotpads, placemats and 2 other throws for Christmas. Hope I can finish on time!!
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

I am working on a 56 x 48 Whale quilt, for my grandson's cousin, 2 - 48" lap quilts, for my oldest son and a monster quilt...oh an a 6' x 56" wildlife quilt for my brother.. and a rain coat for my dog, Squeakers....

Love making tops....not real good at sandwiches...but practice makes it look better each time...:-}

Blog Entries
    Glad you asked! - I've been doing other stuff lately and finally started quilting again with Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery. Working on clue #2 was to create the Flying geese. This also gave me the push I needed to start another scrappy Ive wanted to do for a long time - A SPiDERWEB!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got my fireworks quilt all pieced for next August's deadline. Need to figure out a small Black/White quilt to make for a challenge due mid January. Also need to make 3 tree ornaments for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworkslover View Post
    I've got my fireworks quilt all pieced for next August's deadline. Need to figure out a small Black/White quilt to make for a challenge due mid January. Also need to make 3 tree ornaments for this year.
    I'd love to see your fireworks quilt.

I'm still making 18 in square quilts for Threads of Love. It is so much fun. I usually can complete a little quilt in a day or less, in spite of my shaking hands.
    Happy quilting Grandma

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Isn't it fun to see what other quilters are doing?? I have one Santa wall hanging to quilt, a mystery block to do, another block for quilt club meeting where you get a fat quarter for a $1 each month and make as many 12" blocks as you want and your name gets put in a hat and then someone's name is drawn. I won this past month and got 9 blocks made with a Thimbleberries Christmas fabric.
    quilting with my dogs

I'm working on a Double Wrench (from quilterscache.com) quilt for my DH. He loves working on cars and his favorite car is yellow, so I'm making it yellow and white.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast