Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have to ask.........what are you working on? >

I have to ask.........what are you working on?

I have to ask.........what are you working on?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Just finished quilting a lap quilt on my TL for a friend. Need to finish quilting a baby quilt on my 820 and am also piecing a red & white zig zag quilts (which I'll donate to QFK)

SewingLadyDI
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 PM

I'm working on a jar quilt and am getting carried away. It was intended to be very simple with 12" blocks, and I did pears and oranges and apples, but then I found olives and onions and green bean fabric, so I branched out. Then for some reason I decided to add a 3-dimensional basket of onions and I've spent the day stuffing onions at my dining table. That lead me to think about adding real stuffed onions to our christmas dinner menu. Apparently I'm easily distracted.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Yesterday the 1st, I sewed the rest of the binding onto another Illusion quilt and cut strips for another quillt . Today I sewed a few blocks together. The sizes are not right, so I will change to a different quilt pattern. Made up by me.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:29 PM

Working on a baby quilt for a 6 week premature baby. Hoping to finish all the applique' within the next day or so, then on to cutting the crazy patches for the quilt portion and getting them sewn on to the foundation. From there all the embroidery needs to be done and then I can sandwich the quilt and hand quilt it. Hoping to have this all done by the 21st, the last day of work before winter vacation since it is for our mechanic.

Rosie the Wyldwytch
Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

I am working on an appliqued and lightly quilted cushion for my Mother's bed (hopefully it will be her Christmas present)...also have to piece a back and finish a string quilt for my future DIL, and need to cover some coat-hangers as part of my Sister's Christmas gift.....must get organised and wash and fold several bags of recently gifted/bought fabric....the list is long...as usual.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:13 PM

By Dec. 6 (the Feast of St. Nicholas) I have to have two gingerbread men dresses done, one for my little GD and one for my almost GGD (almost a year old). And one green/red plaid dress. Got to send off a pinky purple Christmas stocking print dress to my step GGD in Ohio and some Christmas money to my other step GGD (money instead of dress-------she lives in the Bahamas). Finish up table topper for my "all but DIL" for St. Nicks. Deliver table topper and cute little church music box to my ex-MIL who's 98.

Several people are getting TASTEFULLY SIMPLE beer bread mixes for Christmas. Since I hate doing wrapping, I'm making shopping bags and casserole covers to "wrap" the bread mixes. I HATE WRAPPING PAPER.

Got a couple things to finish up for a silent auction Tuesday. And a dozen or so tissue covers for a gal that I helped make a quilt from her late father's shirts. (covers for her sisters!).

OH, and I want a sweat shirt jacket for myself. Got the yo-yos cut out but not stitched up.

and................................
Old 12-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
I'm working on a jar quilt and am getting carried away. It was intended to be very simple with 12" blocks, and I did pears and oranges and apples, but then I found olives and onions and green bean fabric, so I branched out. Then for some reason I decided to add a 3-dimensional basket of onions and I've spent the day stuffing onions at my dining table. That lead me to think about adding real stuffed onions to our christmas dinner menu. Apparently I'm easily distracted.
I'm thrilled that others get distracted, too!

Some where along the way I need to get back into the pool at the gym. I need a chlorine fix!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM

And I need to do a few more Christmas mug rugs. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM

DD#2 wants her own Christmas quilt. It's various stars, in various Christmas fabric with non-Christmas coordinates. I'm on the second block (she knows it's not going to be ready by Christmas, that's not a problem). We've had 3 rain storms in a row blow through here, and between not sleeping much last night while waiting for a) the cats to settle down and b) something big to fall through my ceiling, and c) power being out for several hours today, I haven't gotten much done today. I am remembering just how much I hate marking itsy bitsy pieces of material so my stinking corners will line up the way they're supposed to! Probably my least fave part of quilting, but it's OH so necessary to do it to have the thing look good when it's done. I took a several year hiatus while I finished school, (late student, yippee!) and forgot so much of what I know about quilting.

I got a big block done yesterday (something of a medallion idea) that I had to first decide what grid it was based on and then draft, and while it looks OK, several of the corners are not lined up the way they're SUPPOSED to be. Aggravating. Not badly enough to rip it out again, but it was silly to do the biggest block first, wasn't it?! Dang....

Onward and upward! I've also wasted a bunch of time reading things here, and have discovered the rolling on boards method of basting. I'm SO going to do that for this when it's finished. Reading these boards may not be speeding my quilt blocks through my machine (which is having it's own issues), but it's sure interesting and educational!

Melinda
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM

I have so many projects waiting that I do not know where to start. Just finished a 10-minute runner for a party at the LQS; have fabric and pattern laid out for a bag for DIL; have fabrics for three large quilts; and have one in progress stored in the closet as it is applique and I have to be in just the right mood for that. I really do not need more projects/fabric; but, I went to the LQS Friday and bought more fabric... I am a fabricholic, I guess.