Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a question >

I have a question

I have a question

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by needlenut
I, too, gladly share information about my projects and often offer to teach someone how to do her own. Often they want you to spend your time making one for them not spend the time and effort to do it for themselves. It is a little discouraging to share a favorite recipe at a potluck dinner and then have that person bring it to the next potluck meal.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Are you sure she made it and not someone else? Did she perhaps get the pattern from someone else, who told her not to share?
I know I would be honored if someone asked for the name of my quilt. So far, I have done my own design and asked DH to draw out my idea on the computer, and then print it out for me. I have put up one pattern all ready to share with others.
She also maybe, just didn't want to. I am like the others, if you could take a picture or describe it, someone in this group may be able to help you
Old 01-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Chris, thank you so much for asking for avatar pictures. It was amazing going through all of them. I so much appreciate it because it is fun to see what others have and are working on. I did not see one that was exactly the same. It is sad when people don't want to share their patterns, recipes, etc., etc., etc. In others sharing on this board I have found some patterns I would very much like to try. I am glad that people on this board are willing to share with others!!!
Originally Posted by craftyone27
I don't understand her reaction either. If someone wanted to know about a pattern of something that I was showing off to them, I certainly would share it. If it was a pattern I had designed myself, I would say that, end of conversation. I had a similar response from a board member here when I asked people to post pics of their avatar quilts and tell pattern and designer. I was interested in seeing bigger photos of peoples work not trying to steal their ideas. One meber posted that she would not share her qult pattern and wasn't going to give me free lessons. I was shocked! Here is the link to the topic if you are interested in seeing the quilts of those who did want to share. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-72553-1.htm
Good luck finding the pattern for the mystery quilt!!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I have a cheesecake recipe that is out of this world - in fact it has won contests! I've been asked for the recipe many times and am glad to share it - on ONE condition: that they do not substitute ingredients. If they are going to make it, it has to have all the calorie and fat laden components that make it wonderful. LOL
Ok, I solomly agree to follow your recipe to the letter and not make any substitutions. Signed, Michele

Now that this is out of the way, may I PLEASE have you PM me the cheesecake recipe :) Pretty please....
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by oldmountaincrafts
Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I have a cheesecake recipe that is out of this world - in fact it has won contests! I've been asked for the recipe many times and am glad to share it - on ONE condition: that they do not substitute ingredients. If they are going to make it, it has to have all the calorie and fat laden components that make it wonderful. LOL
Ok, I solomly agree to follow your recipe to the letter and not make any substitutions. Signed, Michele

Now that this is out of the way, may I PLEASE have you PM me the cheesecake recipe :) Pretty please....
I swear too and I love cheesecake--can I have a copy too, please?